Any parts of the Phillippeans that resemble the Pattaya of Yore?

Cleator

14 hours ago, Cleator said:

What areas have good infrastructure, wild women, oceanfront, and low traffic congestion?

If a guy were to do a reconnaissance visit, where should he start?

Cheers

None of them, per se.

The decent beaches are away from the P4P areas, with the possible exception of some areas of Cebu which has Mango Square and possibly Boracay, but you'd need to take your own girl there as the FL action is non existent as is the bar scene (I mean there are bars etc, but no GoGo's or girlie bars)

I've never been to AC or Fields despite having lived over there and still having a house in Manila, it's not that I can't, it is just that I don't want to. Last thing I need is some psycho pinay knocking on my door at midnight waking the street , the dogs, and more importantly, my Mrs, up.

EDSA is now all gone, which was in Manila near the Mall of Asia, Del Pilar is a total dump with the single exception of Manila Bay Cafe (formerly LA Cafe) which offers FL action. Most of the bars were done for during covid. Burgos is too busy and a pain in the arse to get to and from and the prices are about the same that you'd pay in BKK and the clubs not as good.

I think the PI is worth a look, Angeles is probably your best starting point for a trip, and Emirates fly into Clark now dispensing of the need to take a 2 hour trip from NAIA. Go there with an open mind and while everyone compares the place to Pattaya / Thailand, if you do that then you'll soon find Thailand to be the better option overall.

Infrastructure is getting better though, but endemic crime, corruption, poverty and shocking traffic congestion is outweighing many of the improvements.

Edited by Butch
  • Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Butch said:

None of them, per se.

The decent beaches are away from the P4P areas, with the possible exception of some areas of Cebu which has Mango Square and possibly Boracay, but you'd need to take your own girl there as the FL action is non existent as is the bar scene (I mean there are bars etc, but no GoGo's or girlie bars)

I've never been to AC or Fields despite having lived over there and still having a house in Manila, it's not that I can't, it is just that I don't want to. Last thing I need is some psycho pinay knocking on my door at midnight waking the street , the dogs, and more importantly, my Mrs, up.

EDSA is now all gone, which was in Manila near the Mall of Asia, Del Pilar is a total dump with the single exception of Manila Bay Cafe (formerly LA Cafe) which offers FL action. Most of the bars were done for during covid. Burgos is too busy and a pain in the arse to get to and from and the prices are about the same that you'd pay in BKK and the clubs not as good.

I think the PI is worth a look, Angeles is probably your best starting point for a trip, and Emirates fly into Clark now dispensing of the need to take a 2 hour trip from NAIA. Go there with an open mind and while everyone compares the place to Pattaya / Thailand, if you do that then you'll soon find Thailand to be the better option overall.

Infrastructure is getting better though, but endemic crime, corruption, poverty and shocking traffic congestion is outweighing many of the improvements.

Thanks for the heads up Bro.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't been there for many years, but Barrio Barretto on Subic Bay should fit your needs. It's a lot smaller than Pattaya, though, but very laid back. Decent beaches, good wreck diving, hotels aren't dirt cheap but they never are in the PI. And some girly bars in the area, plus plenty of FL action. And if it's too quiet for you, the bright lights of AC are easy to get to.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

15 hours ago, Butch said:

None of them, per se.

I saw this thread yesterday and was going to just say, there is nothing to compare to Pattaya. 

If I had replied, I would have said almost exactly what you have said in your post.

There are elements of all what was asked in the phrase 'good infrastructure, wild women, oceanfront, and low traffic congestion, but not together but as individual areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2