Songkran to last for one month ....

Stillearly

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Me neither. I imagine Tik Tok have taken the video down 

I discovered you need to be logged in to X to view the video. My take on the video is a boneheaded farang shot water at someone that didn't want to get wet and got his ass kicked for being a dumb fck.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I discovered you need to be logged in to X to view the video. My take on the video is a boneheaded farang shot water at someone that didn't want to get wet and got his ass kicked for being a dumb fck.

Yep. It's happened to me before. 

I went out today for a few hours, walked over to Soi 7 and bought a PVC gun easily for 300b; from there walked to Soi 6 and hung out for the rest of the afternoon before making my way back down 2nd Rd to New Plaza, then Soi Buakhow to Chayapoon and Soi Lengkee to Soi Diana before getting home @10:15 or so. Everyone having fun and well-behaved during the afternoon, but still too many people throwing water around at 10:00PM and later and they'll probably still be doing it here and there after midnight - they get drunk and just don't want to stop. Traffic was horrendous, walking pace on Beach Rd and not much better on 2nd Rd, and total gridlock by Treetown on Soi Buakhow...

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I went out today for a few hours, walked over to Soi 7 and bought a PVC gun easily for 300b; from there walked to Soi 6 and hung out for the rest of the afternoon before making my way back down 2nd Rd to New Plaza, then Soi Buakhow to Chayapoon and Soi Lengkee to Soi Diana before getting home @10:15 or so. Everyone having fun and well-behaved during the afternoon, but still too many people throwing water around at 10:00PM and later and they'll probably still be doing it here and there after midnight - they get drunk and just don't want to stop. Traffic was horrendous, walking pace on Beach Rd and not much better on 2nd Rd, and total gridlock by Treetown on Soi Buakhow...

Shitheads; can't live with them, can't kill them.

Wait a minute.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just taken a taxi down to Suk soi 4 at 2am, only have to cross the road to soi 3 to be home. Still pissed up wankers trying to wet everyone waiting to cross the road. It's a popular pick up point for the lady boys, a bit of a confrontation between the 2 and the wankers retreat.  Thankfully I made it home dry, credit to the cock in a frock brigade!

Not a group to mess with when they get fired up.   lol     A group of them pissed off will tear to shreds a bunch of fcuked up wankers.

• Thumbs Up 4

Another difference I've noticed with Songkran this year is how many more trucks loaded with people and water barrels are cruising the sois now. In years past I wouldn't see the numbers I'm now seeing until the 19th.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Another difference I've noticed with Songkran this year is how many more trucks loaded with people and water barrels are cruising the sois now. In years past I wouldn't see the numbers I'm now seeing until the 19th.

I spent a couple of hours playing at the bottom end of Soi 7 yesterday and was surprised to see that the crowd going past appeared to be at least 85% Thai - the last full Songkran I attended in Pattaya was in 2009 and to my recollection there were far more farang out on the regular days - most of the big Thai crowds would wait until the big final days. 

On another note, I'm heading home with company just after 10:00PM last night and as we walk up the entrance ramp to the building, I get squirted by a group of guys coming down the ramp - I tell them enough is enough, it's after 10:00, shut it down FFS and they look at me like I'm a creature from outer space; in other words, these are not carry-overs from a fun day that don't want to stop, they are purposely heading out at that time to throw water.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That is how my Thai family will be doing it (so I am told).

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

I spent a couple of hours playing at the bottom end of Soi 7 yesterday and was surprised to see that the crowd going past appeared to be at least 85% Thai - the last full Songkran I attended in Pattaya was in 2009 and to my recollection there were far more farang out on the regular days - most of the big Thai crowds would wait until the big final days. 

On another note, I'm heading home with company just after 10:00PM last night and as we walk up the entrance ramp to the building, I get squirted by a group of guys coming down the ramp - I tell them enough is enough, it's after 10:00, shut it down FFS and they look at me like I'm a creature from outer space; in other words, these are not carry-overs from a fun day that don't want to stop, they are purposely heading out at that time to throw water.

Songkran gives cnuts an free card to be their inner cnut selves. They are like dogs, out in packs. This makes it difficult to challenge them because they will gang up on you. They take advantage of this as an excuse. Individually they would be weak cowards (which is what they actually are).

That is primarily why I adhere to strict avoidance. The event offers zero meaning to me or positive experiences. The negatives are huge. I want absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

Tomorrow should be back to "normal" for me. Back to the gym and the end of this nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Songkran gives cnuts an free card to be their inner cnut selves. They are like dogs, out in packs. This makes it difficult to challenge them because they will gang up on you. They take advantage of this as an excuse. Individually they would be weak cowards (which is what they actually are).

That is primarily why I adhere to strict avoidance. The event offers zero meaning to me or positive experiences. The negatives are huge. I want absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

Tomorrow should be back to "normal" for me. Back to the gym and the end of this nonsense.

Yeah, it's an event that really appeals to those that like to bully others, and of  course it's easier to be a bully when you are running in a pack.  Really, I've noticed over the last couple of days  that everything is cool in the daytimes, it's in the evenings when the loutish behaviour starts to show - people get drunker and rowdier and as the preceding video shows, it's not just farangs who indulge in this kind of behaviour! I'm not going to hide away from it, I'll go out and partake in the afternoons for a couple of hours but I am finished when the sun goes down - I won't necessarily go home then but I'll just park myself in safe bars until I decide to do so, and avoid the revellers wherever I can. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

54 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

That is how my Thai family will be doing it (so I am told).

I did that in the early years when I first moved here. A fellow hasher had a truck so a bunch of us hashers sat in the back and had a grand time on the 19th drinking beer and throwing water.

This year, as I've done in the past several years, I'll join a few friends at around 10am on the 19th at a bar. We'll down a few beers to start the day and then we'll walk around Pattaya enjoying one day of getting soaked and blitzed on drinking.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, it's an event that really appeals to those that like to bully others, and of  course it's easier to be a bully when you are running in a pack.  Really, I've noticed over the last couple of days  that everything is cool in the daytimes, it's in the evenings when the loutish behaviour starts to show - people get drunker and rowdier and as the preceding video shows, it's not just farangs who indulge in this kind of behaviour! I'm not going to hide away from it, I'll go out and partake in the afternoons for a couple of hours but I am finished when the sun goes down - I won't necessarily go home then but I'll just park myself in safe bars until I decide to do so, and avoid the revellers wherever I can. 

Fcukers are like soi dogs. You never know when one is going to pop up around the next corner.

I don't hide, just rejuggle the schedule a bit. It's not as easy to do in Patts. They are almost everywhere, and roving in pickup trucks.

No doubt the cops are busy as hell. What we used to say "call to call". From that perspective I learned how chaotic things can really get during major events. Stretched to the max, even with added staffing and OT. Things can easily turn into a mob situation in which there is no control and completely unpredictable. I have been in the middle of a few of them and I can attest.... there are not as many things as frightening as that.

My analogy is that to a tornado. It can develop suddenly anywhere and cause complete havoc. Then it disappears as if the clouds move on. But you look around and see massive destruction. Maybe a bit dramatic, but with booze and crowds they are perfect ingredients.

Well, what a surprise. 

I was told by my Thai friends that Songkran finished yesterday in Bkk and no play today.

Of course I didn't believe it, but so far today, not one water gun in sight.

My company came down from soi 81 and she said, no play too.

Pure bliss has been restored.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Well, what a surprise. 

I was told by my Thai friends that Songkran finished yesterday in Bkk and no play today.

How come it's so easy there and yet such a pain here? I guess part of that must be that the busy areas are just so much smaller and easier to police than all of Pattaya - even though I have participated here and will do so again this week, I will be happy when it's all done with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Well, what a surprise. 

Peace be with you my brother.  O Happy Days !

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a good day out with friends yesterday. We met early at Nikom to warm up with a few beers. We then wandered out and down to Beach Rd about 1 pm. Seemed to be less people about this year compared to years past. Also was surprised to see vehicle traffic on Beach Rd, thought they were going to block it off from Klang to Tai.

Eventually we turned up Soi 7 and stopped at Fore Play bar. I was first to order and when I asked how much for the Leo was told 90B. Next one in our group who hadn't heard me ask, asked the same question and was told 95B. The rest of your group of six were charged 100B.

We stayed long enough to finish our overpriced beer and then moved on. On the way out I mentioned to the lady who did the multi-tiered pricing that we all lived here and we didn't appreciate the overcharging on beer prices. Her reply was it was Songkran so prices were higher.

Foolish business decision on her part. Not sure what regular pricing is, but let's say it's 80B which would be about 45B/beer profit. So instead of us staying and having a couple of beers at her bar, we left after one beer. So in the end she earned an extra 20B/person and gave up the 45B/person she would have earned if we had stayed and had at least one more round. She also lost our future custom as we'll be sure to avoid her bar going forward.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Sad 2