Gravity fed filtered water cheap Lazada....

fforest

I have been wanting to get a water filter system for years but when your a renter it just does make sense to invest $$ in a good system..So I have just been buying bottled water...Those 1 baht street water filters are worthless...

I saw this gravity water filter on Lazada for a whopping 500 baht...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/14l-5-001-water-purifier-i4834875661-s20171352281.html?

20231230_235000.jpg

20231230_235032.jpg

So I thought what the hell.....I fully expected it to be crap.....

Boy was I wrong....This water purifier kicks ass.....The water is in my opinion much better than bottled water.....Very good taste......

It says....

Ceramic Filter for drinking water, 0.3 micron resolution, traps small sediments.

◆Mineral cartridge drinking water filter, which has 8 layers of filtration, will add minerals to drinking water. And adjust the structure of water to be a hexagonal molecule, which will be quickly absorbed into the cells and will help balance the processes within the body. and helps the cells in the body function normally better

Mineral Sand drinking water filter is a mineral filter that nourishes the body. For example, zinc, potassium, iodine, phosphorus, etc.

I found a similar unit on Amazon ( hope you sitting down for this) for 225 dollars or about 7,000 baht......

https://www.amazon.com/Santevia-Gravity-Water-System-Countertop/dp/B005P0FZFK/ref=sr_1_56?crid=2TU1XQMH57ZLR&keywords=gravity%2Bwater%2Bfilter&qid=1703951736&sprefix=gravity%2Bwater%2Caps%2C353&sr=8-56&th=1

Also on E-bay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285169606866?hash=item42656ee0d2:g:7jAAAOSwL8pjmX9T

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, fforest said:

[...]

And adjust the structure of water to be a hexagonal molecule, which will be quickly absorbed into the cells

The above is the expected crap. And how much does a new filter cost? And how often do you have to replace it?

1 minute ago, Freee!! said:

The above is the expected crap. And how much does a new filter cost? And how often do you have to replace it?

New filter cost 157 baht......

They say if only one person is using the water replace the filter every 8-9 months....If 2 people replace the filter every 6 months....If 4 people replace the filter every 3-4 months....

25 minutes ago, fforest said:

New filter cost 157 baht......

They say if only one person is using the water replace the filter every 8-9 months....If 2 people replace the filter every 6 months....If 4 people replace the filter every 3-4 months....

Not too bad.

7 minutes ago, jezza said:

ok so i got one of these and it takes literally hours to filter the water 

have i done something wrong?

The water is for drinking not for washing dishes or the dog....

Just fill up the top part with tap water and forget about it....You will have more water than you could ever drink.....

4 minutes ago, fforest said:

The water is for drinking not for washing dishes or the dog....

Just fill up the top part with tap water and forget about it....You will have more water than you could ever drink.....

ok thanks for your quick response so ive done nowt wrong lol.

it was a bit like the krypton factor assembling it😀

I'm happy enough with the big bottles delivered to the house for only 40B/bottle. Back in the States though I used something similar made by Brita. I liked the design of it as it fit in the refrigerator so I had a ready supply of cold drinking water.

image.png

Edited by forcebwithu

3 minutes ago, jezza said:

ok thanks for your quick response so ive done nowt wrong lol.

it was a bit like the krypton factor assembling it😀

I hope you like it.....I think the water taste very clean and good....

• Like 1

I bought a Brita filter jug a while back and so far it seems to be working well. However................ even Brita recommend that you boil the water before drinking to remove any bacteria as the mains water is not treated here to that degree. I would hate to think what other delights the local water table has considering the degree of industrialization the area has.

I used to have the large carboys delivered to the condo, until I looked a bit more closely and saw the algae living inside the container. Not much point in filtering the water if your container is dirty! For certain, if the water has an earthy taste then the filter is overdue for replacement.

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm happy enough with the big bottles delivered to the house for only 40B/bottle. Back in the States though I used something similar made by Brita. I liked the design of it as it fit in the refrigerator so I had a ready supply of cold drinking water.

image.png

We have exactly the same filter unit as fforest, never short of filtered water. We just have 2 plastic jugs we fill up and put in the fridge.

Changed the filter a couple of times, order from Malaysia on shopee, bit more expensive than fforest pays but not bad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

I hope you like it.....I think the water taste very clean and good....

Thanks for the info mate. What does the brochure say about removing the chemicals that are added to the Pattaya water supply during low water levels during drought?

When I lived "in the village" I had same same but different and it was excellent but Pattaya worries me !!

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

image.png

I have been doing the bottle water thing for years and years too....But unless things change I think I will be doing the filtered water now....

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks for the info mate. What does the brochure say about removing the chemicals that are added to the Pattaya water supply during low water levels during drought?

When I lived "in the village" I had same same but different and it was excellent but Pattaya worries me !!

I dont have all the answers.....But I know on the top it has some kind of super duper ceramic micron filter....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, fforest said:

I dont have all the answers.....But I know on the top it has some kind of super duper ceramic micron filter....

No problems mate. I wasn't being intentionally negative, as I said I had a similar one living in the village. I suppose the answer would be to not use it when the Government issue a warning .. Simples

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

Yes i believe they are super duper

Brand new and high quality!

Type: Ceramic filter

Material: Diatomite

Filtration accuracy: 0.2-0.5 microns

Can diatomite filter water?
In its natural state, diatomite is 85 percent inert silica. The soluble portion of diatomite is extremely low (less than 1 percent). The odorless, tasteless, and chemically inert characteristics make DE safe for filtering water.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ceramic filters (or any other type of filter) remove suspended particulate matter. They don't remove dissolved substances like chemicals, heavy metals etc. To remove those you need an activated carbon cartridge or get an RO system.

Also invest in a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter. They're pretty cheap.

• Great Info 1

24 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Ceramic filters (or any other type of filter) remove suspended particulate matter. They don't remove dissolved substances like chemicals, heavy metals etc. To remove those you need an activated carbon cartridge or get an RO system.

TDS meter 54 baht......

I think I will get one....

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/digital-tds-3-meter-total-dissolved-solids-tds-water-quality-meter-i4294249838-s17068376831.html?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, fygjam said:

These water purifiers have a good sized activated carbon chamber the water is filtered through.....

image.png

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, jezza said:

ive done away with the base its too big and clumsy and not needed

So whats your opinion on the quality of the water these water filters make?

I myself could not believe how good it is....

17 hours ago, fforest said:

So whats your opinion on the quality of the water these water filters make?

I myself could not believe how good it is....

my girlfriend says it tastes same same singha water from 7/11

im not a big water drinker myself but will certainly be drinking more now,

thankyou for your introduction to pattaya mineral water i just need a bottling plant and im away:default_party-smiley-048: