Bang Sare

coxyhog

58 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Thinking of a couple of weeks in Bang Sare in March,anyone been there?

I've seen some YT vids & it looks good to me.

A friend stayed there in November, he said although lots of bars had closed , there was plenty to keep him entertained for a week 

• Like 1

I've been a few times when I stayed in pattaya,just day trips,nice and quite but 2 weeks would be to long for me personally,this was over 8 years ago tho,can't remember a bar area at all,just long beach with hundreds of empty chairs.

51 minutes ago, Jambo said:

bsang house.jpg

We still have the house in Bangsaray.

Looks lovely. I can't remember though.... Did you ever get the thing painted ?

If I recall there was some understandable bitching and moaning going on ref. doing the job. I can relate...lol. It is about the only home maintenance thing I am good at, but I fcuking hate doing it.

21 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Thinking of a couple of weeks in Bang Sare in March,anyone been there?

I've seen some YT vids & it looks good to me.

To each his own, but IMO Bang Sare has become over developed. Traffic is a problem. Bang Sare used to be a quiet fishing town with the charms associated with a place like that.

As @forcebwithu mentioned my wife and I live about 15 minutes North of Bang Sare. We get over there from time to time as the seafood stands are pretty good. We prefer the larger seafood market nearer to our house, but it is not always open. Bang Sare is our backup place. When seafood is on the dinner menu, one needs to go out and buy some seafood. 🙂

We also get over to a few restaurants over in Bang Sare from time to time. The Thai Seafood places out on the piers are worth a visit. We used to go to Aow Talay (others seem to prefer Ruan Talay). Both are decent, but we have found better choices closer to home (Preecha (Na Jomtien), Sriuan (near Preecha), and the Mum Aroi near Buddha Mountain). We do stop in at the Beach Restaurant in Bang Sare from time to time. This is a inexpensive place with both Farang and Thai food near the North end of Bang Sare Beach Road. You can drive in on the North end access road and avoid the main Bang Sare traffic irritations. The Bang Sare traffic is nowhere near as bad as Central Pats or even Jomtien for that matter, but one would be well advised to keep their wits about them due to very narrow roads, crazed motorbike drivers, and embolden delivery trucks.

I have noticed quite a few MPs around town. I tried one called "Full Moon Massage". They were glad to see me and offered extras, but I was not interested based on the current offerings. Service was so-so IMO and the up sell pressure was a little annoying. Still they were drawing a few regulars for foot massages etc. Foot massages are just not my thing. On my first trip to Thailand (2002 ?) I tried one in Bangkok and found it to be painful. Just me I guess.

As far as finding a companion goes, you would be diamond in the rough hunting IMO.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

21 hours ago, Stillearly said:

A friend stayed there in November, he said although lots of bars had closed , there was plenty to keep him entertained for a week 

My mistake it was Ban Chang my friend stayed ..

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

As far as finding a companion goes, you would be diamond in the rough hunting IMO.

I'll be with the missus & possibly some of the inlaws for a while,but being 70yo I don't need that sort of thing so often.

But a solo trip to Pattaya wouldn't be too difficult methinks,& the missus wouldn't mind👹.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am thinking about heading down there just for a single night on my next trip to Thailand. Just to get some quiet time away from all the partying and see something different.

EDIT: Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get a taxi/bolt down there.

Edited by Lirchenfeld

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

To each his own, but IMO Bang Sare has become over developed. Traffic is a problem. Bang Sare used to be a quiet fishing town with the charms associated with a place like that.

As @forcebwithu mentioned my wife and I live about 15 minutes North of Bang Sare. We get over there from time to time as the seafood stands are pretty good. We prefer the larger seafood market nearer to our house, but it is not always open. Bang Sare is our backup place. When seafood is on the dinner menu, one needs to go out and buy some seafood. 🙂

We also get over to a few restaurants over in Bang Sare from time to time. The Thai Seafood places out on the piers are worth a visit. We used to go to Aow Talay (others seem to prefer Ruan Talay). Both are decent, but we have found better choices closer to home (Preecha (Na Jomtien), Sriuan (near Preecha), and the Mum Aroi near Buddha Mountain). We do stop in at the Beach Restaurant in Bang Sare from time to time. This is a inexpensive place with both Farang and Thai food near the North end of Bang Sare Beach Road. You can drive in on the North end access road and avoid the main Bang Sare traffic irritations. The Bang Sare traffic is nowhere near as bad as Central Pats or even Jomtien for that matter, but one would be well advised to keep their wits about them due to very narrow roads, crazed motorbike drivers, and embolden delivery trucks.

I have noticed quite a few MPs around town. I tried one called "Full Moon Massage". They were glad to see me and offered extras, but I was not interested based on the current offerings. Service was so-so IMO and the up sell pressure was a little annoying. Still they were drawing a few regulars for foot massages etc. Foot massages are just not my thing. On my first trip to Thailand (2002 ?) I tried one in Bangkok and found it to be painful. Just me I guess.

Nice review Chi. Either way I doubt I will be going there anytime soon. No reason for me.

23 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Looks lovely. I can't remember though.... Did you ever get the thing painted ?

If I recall there was some understandable bitching and moaning going on ref. doing the job. I can relate...lol. It is about the only home maintenance thing I am good at, but I fcuking hate doing it.

Yes, I spent over two months completely repainting the whole of the outside of the property including all the  boundary walls and fences. It felt really good to do some project myself although trying to cope with manual work in the Thai heat and keeping out of the sun was draining at times. Each day I made a start whilst it was still dark.

I had spent the previous year or so "Up Country" almost locked away due to covid restrictions with hardly anyone other than Sai speaking in English to me. Believe me, that puts a big strain on everyone. So when the opportunity arose I threw myself into the "project" back down south. Unfortunately, by then Pattaya was virtually a covid induced ghost town so I was basically still on my own.

I had not seen my daughters for 3 years and when a window opened up to fly to the UK I booked a flight with the thought of maybe staying for maybe 2 or 3 months before returning to Thailand. I had only been back a couple of weeks and I started to get severe pain in my left knee from residual pain from my hip. Investigations followed and I found myself on the waiting list for a hip replacement operation.

It actually went downhill from there!

Two and a half years later having successfully had the new hip I book a months trip to Thailand for the whole of March most of it to be spent with Sai up in Mae Sot with a week back in the house in Bang Saray.

Then I have a mild heart attack on December 2nd which throws everything into total confusion once again. My GP told me yesterday that medically speaking he believes I would be fit to fly in March. Unfortunately, I am by no means convinced that physically I will be up for the trip as soon as the 1st March. I seem to have lost all the good work I put in after the new hip operation.

I think I will postpone my trip back to Mae Sot and Bang Saray to May.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Yes, I spent over two months completely repainting the whole of the outside of the property including all the  boundary walls and fences. It felt really good to do some project myself although trying to cope with manual work in the Thai heat and keeping out of the sun was draining at times. Each day I made a start whilst it was still dark.

I had spent the previous year or so "Up Country" almost locked away due to covid restrictions with hardly anyone other than Sai speaking in English to me. Believe me, that puts a big strain on everyone. So when the opportunity arose I threw myself into the "project" back down south. Unfortunately, by then Pattaya was virtually a covid induced ghost town so I was basically still on my own.

I had not seen my daughters for 3 years and when a window opened up to fly to the UK I booked a flight with the thought of maybe staying for maybe 2 or 3 months before returning to Thailand. I had only been back a couple of weeks and I started to get severe pain in my left knee from residual pain from my hip. Investigations followed and I found myself on the waiting list for a hip replacement operation.

It actually went downhill from there!

Two and a half years later having successfully had the new hip I book a months trip to Thailand for the whole of March most of it to be spent with Sai up in Mae Sot with a week back in the house in Bang Saray.

Then I have a mild heart attack on December 2nd which throws everything into total confusion once again. My GP told me yesterday that medically speaking he believes I would be fit to fly in March. Unfortunately, I am by no means convinced that physically I will be up for the trip as soon as the 1st March. I seem to have lost all the good work I put in after the new hip operation.

I think I will postpone my trip back to Mae Sot and Bang Saray to May.

Good summary.

And reading it above brought it all back. 

I was thinking today about you earlier, and made a note to pm you.

But, I will just say it here..... How is the shit balance edisode going ? Are things coming back more balanced ? Seriously

• Like 1