Oocha

I'm shocked he payed 13000 for a 59 night stay,unless that's a misprint,either way nightmare scenario,I'm sure most of us on here would payed just 1 night in a cheap hotel then had a proper look around the next day.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, richy65 said:

13,000 baht is 220 baht a night for 59 nights so that should have rung alarm bells!

I've been in some hell holes in my time, but yeah.....   220 a night. Even if you found the place you'd probably have to shit out in the parking lot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

All he had to do was use Airbnb or go find some cheap accommodation above a bar. Then again if during songkran then this is perfectly feasible, first off someone scamming cheap accomodation during peak times, and secondly that explains why the Hotel bills were so high.

Whatever happened to using some common sense like hiring a cab for the day to drive you around the hotels (which the driver will know about) until you find one with a half decent walk in or rack rate.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Butch said:

All he had to do was use Airbnb or go find some cheap accommodation above a bar. Then again if during songkran then this is perfectly feasible, first off someone scamming cheap accomodation during peak times, and secondly that explains why the Hotel bills were so high.

Whatever happened to using some common sense like hiring a cab for the day to drive you around the hotels (which the driver will know about) until you find one with a half decent walk in or rack rate.

Just go somewhere like Full L*ve INN and rotate girls throughout the night. He'd forget about getting scammed right quick.

• Haha 2

Apart from Pullman King Power, all my hotel bookings, although reserved with a card, are pay on arrival.

King Power have the annoying habit of trying to take the money at any random date  after i book it online. It then triggers my Bank's security as it's attempted to be taken from Thailand when i haven't told them i'm there. They send me a message about it asking me to say yes or no it's me, but message/attempted money being taken is like 3am or so UK time, so i don't see it until i wake up anyway.

So what happens is, bank doesn't approve it, i have to call bank to confirm i know it's genuine, card it's corrupted, get it back working. Bank tell me Pullman would have to attempt to take fee again, but same scenario would play out.

I'm kinda glad, even though it was annoying the 2 times it's happened, as i feel better knowing my Bank are on top of stuff like this. 

So i contacted Pullman, explained, they said fine, pay on arrival. I then also booked and paid for July/August's 2 stays when there last month.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Apart from Pullman King Power, all my hotel bookings, although reserved with a card, are pay on arrival.

King Power have the annoying habit of trying to take the money at any random date  after i book it online. It then triggers my Bank's security as it's attempted to be taken from Thailand when i haven't told them i'm there. They send me a message about it asking me to say yes or no it's me, but message/attempted money being taken is like 3am or so UK time, so i don't see it until i wake up anyway.

So what happens is, bank doesn't approve it, i have to call bank to confirm i know it's genuine, card it's corrupted, get it back working. Bank tell me Pullman would have to attempt to take fee again, but same scenario would play out.

I'm kinda glad, even though it was annoying the 2 times it's happened, as i feel better knowing my Bank are on top of stuff like this. 

So i contacted Pullman, explained, they said fine, pay on arrival. I then also booked and paid for July/August's 2 stays when there last month.

I've had a similar issue with Agoda. They took payment, it got bounced so my booking was effectively cancelled. Lesson learned, I actually call Agoda now and settle in full prior to the booking so as not to find myself sleeping a a doorway previously occupied by @Nightcrawler and his boyfriend (the floor is always sticky).

• Haha 3