Football

Thinkingallowed

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Massive game about to kick off on SKY.

Blackburn Vs Rangers , third against fifth.

Wonder if @Aqualung is watching it?.

Found a decent stream here in Sweden. Hard work watching that game tbh. 

Anyways I'm happy with the result. 

Fulham away next so back to not scoring goals. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Only reason he is doing this is that he is afraid Chelsea will get kicked out of the champions league and will lose their top 4 position for next year competition.  
he is still going to remain the owner of the club . 
he should be given 3 months to sell it or lose it same as all Russian business people 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Homor said:

Only reason he is doing this is that he is afraid Chelsea will get kicked out of the champions league and will lose their top 4 position for next year competition.  
he should be given 3 months to sell it or lose it same as all Russian business people 

I'm sure he is doing it to safeguard some of his assets , so he can take them back when this all dies down ... hopefully they will check out the legality of what he is doing and the implications for the club 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Homor said:

Well he doesn't want to see Chelsea kicked out of the Champions League, same as every Chelsea supporter who has no allegiance to his country. The Premier League were happy for his millions and I am sure for all the other millions pumped in to the other teams in the league.

I would hate to see Chelsea go under because of some crazed guy in Moscow but understand that sanctions (if applying to him) may require necessary change in ownership. If it becomes illegal for him to own Chelsea and this action he has taken is not acceptable further down the line then I am sure a proper course of action may be necessary.

What I would hate to see is a club that has a long history with millions of supporters all over the world be damaged or threatened with being chucked out of the league etc because the owner is Russian and may be a friend of an unsavoury character. .

1 hour ago, Homor said:

They should shut the club down and do us all a favour. 🤣

And while they are at it, kick out all the odious Saudis out of British football as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Well he doesn't want to see Chelsea kicked out of the Champions League, same as every Chelsea supporter who has no allegiance to his country. The Premier League were happy for his millions and I am sure for all the other millions pumped in to the other teams in the league.

I would hate to see Chelsea go under because of some crazed guy in Moscow but understand that sanctions (if applying to him) may require necessary change in ownership. If it becomes illegal for him to own Chelsea and this action he has taken is not acceptable further down the line then I am sure a proper course of action may be necessary.

What I would hate to see is a club that has a long history with millions of supporters all over the world be damaged or threatened with being chucked out of the league etc because the owner is Russian and may be a friend of an unsavoury character. .

To see Chelsea (or any other club with Putin affiliations) go under amongst a wider bunch things that cause pain to see Putin fail is a very small price to pay in all honestly.

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I think it's a shame , I like they way Leeds play , they have been very unlucky with injuries, especially Bamford .. 

And Philips aswell..... but how much was caused by training techniques ...

Who is this American anyway.. got booted out of his last job and before that did well in the Austrian Mickey Mouse league

9 hours ago, Sangsom said:

To see Chelsea (or any other club with Putin affiliations) go under amongst a wider bunch things that cause pain to see Putin fail is a very small price to pay in all honestly.

Personally I don't think it can be seen as a small price, maybe for another team it would be a laugh but in general I think it would be a sad day for the club, its supporters and the Premiership as a whole.

So far I don't believe Abramovich has been sanctioned but should he be I hope that Chelsea's existence without him will carry on.

Too be honest I don't think Chelsea fans are going to boycott the club as we support the club, not the owner, but of course things may need to change at the top to ensure our existence..

Edited by Horizondave

23 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Personally I don't think it can be seen as a small price, maybe for another team it would be a laugh but in general I think it would be a sad day for the club, its supporters and the Premiership as a whole.

So far I don't believe Abramovich has been sanctioned but should he be I hope that Chelsea's existence without him will carry on.

Too be honest I don't think Chelsea fans are going to boycott the club as we support the club, not the owner, but of course things may need to change at the top to ensure our existence..

Only way of ending this stupid war is to put as much pressure on putins friends as possible. If that means seizing all their assets outside Russia so be it . 
it’s a small price to pay if it saves thousands of life’s 

I know Chelsea supporters won’t like to head that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homor said:

Only way of ending this stupid war is to put as much pressure on putins friends as possible. If that means seizing all their assets outside Russia so be it . 
it’s a small price to pay if it saves thousands of life’s 

I know Chelsea supporters won’t like to head that 

Of course Chelsea fans are concerned just as any other club would be if they were in a similar position. Personally I don't think it is a simple case and I am sure the lawyers at Chelsea are doing all they can to ensure that the club has a future.

Please note that I doubt there is a Chelsea supporter who wishes Putin or his friends well but we care about the club.