Football

Thinkingallowed

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Of course Chelsea fans are concerned just as any other club would be if they were in a similar position. Personally I don't think it is a simple case and I am sure the lawyers at Chelsea are doing all they can to ensure that the club has a future.

Please note that I doubt there is a Chelsea supporter who wishes Putin or his friends well but we care about the club.

Seize it and sell it to Ken Bates for a quid again. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, galenkia said:

Seize it and sell it to Ken Bates for a quid again. 🤣

That was a good deal.

I think the problem is that the club is held as a loan which is outstanding and if seized Abramovich has insurance that would pay out about £2Billion. Chelsea may go bust as nobody would buy the club with a loan outstanding but it probably wouldn't really create much issue for Abramovich. 

It isn't a simple issue. 

• Great Info 1

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

If FIFA ban Russia then I will be taking note of who replaces them.... I'll then stick a few quid on them to win...

Can anybody guess why ??? 

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

"Following the initial decisions adopted by the FIFA Council and the UEFA Executive Committee, which envisaged the adoption of additional measures, FIFA and UEFA have today decided together that all Russian teams, whether national representative teams or club teams, shall be suspended from participation in both FIFA and UEFA competitions until further notice. 

These decisions were adopted today by the Bureau of the FIFA Council and the Executive Committee of UEFA, respectively the highest decision-making bodies of both institutions on such urgent matters.

Football is fully united here and in full solidarity with all the people affected in Ukraine. Both Presidents hope that the situation in Ukraine will improve significantly and rapidly so that football can again be a vector for unity and peace amongst people."

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2022 at 8:00 PM, coxyhog said:

Ironic that the goalie brought on to save pens was the one to miss one & lose the match.

PS How I wish England had players who could take pens like that!

And taking off, for me, the best keeper in the league by far, and also one of the best in the world.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, galenkia said:

So Abramovic has announced he is selling Chelsea. 

Apparently some ancient Swiss billionaire aged about 90 is buying it. 

Guess it's sell it before it gets seized and the money frozen. 

Nice of the govt. to give him plenty of time to sort out his finances ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

So Abramovic has announced he is selling Chelsea. 

Apparently some ancient Swiss billionaire aged about 90 is buying it. 

Guess it's sell it before it gets seized and the money frozen. 

F**kers beat us 3-2 in FA cup tonight 😒

• Sad 1