Football

Thinkingallowed

On 12/10/2023 at 1:05 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

My deep loathing for Everton stems from Pickford's obvious time wasting over the last couple of seasons but I have to add that I admire the way they are getting points on the board now ..

A great win for Leeds too ... but I don't want to say too much without upsetting @Aqualung .......

Don't worry Derek I've just calmed down! 

We are an injury hit squad, tired and punching above our weight but we should have had a penalty for handball. 

That said, your forward players are too good for this league whilst we don't even have a fit striker and haven't had since the big lump Gallagher got injured. 

I won't mention your game up at Sunderland mate but good luck for what remains of the season, apart from our trip to Elland Road. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Luton Captain collapsed ...

BBC commentator Chris Wise has just reported that they have been told Tom Lockyer is "alert and responsive" in the tunnel. 

Sad stuff……I hope he is sensible and retires, for it to happen twice and still survive, lucky man. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Nottingham Forest sack Steve Cooper and hold talks with Nuno Espirito Santo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67757915

And as a Forest fan I'm not at all unhappy he's gone. They would have gone down last season if Leicester hadn't imploded and this season has been awful bar 1 great game against Villa.

If he'd stayed in charge I honestly think we'd have been relegated.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

What do you expect from the European Court....they were never going to be on the side of the fans.

Isn't that the idea of a court , you're not on anyone's side , you just follow the rule of law  .... now if politicians want to change the law , to protect the game , then they can 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

Man Utd reiterate commitment to UEFA competitions

Following Thursday's judgement by the European Court of Justice on the European Super League, Manchester United have reiterated their commitment to UEFA competitions. 
United had signed up for the European Super League in 2021 before withdrawing. 

In a club statement, United said: "Our position has not changed. We remain fully committed to participation in UEFA competitions, and to positive cooperation with UEFA, the Premier League, and fellow clubs through the ECA on the continued development of the European game."

Bayern and Athletico Madrid have done the same