Football

Thinkingallowed

My first posting this topic as I am not really a football fan, despite living a few hundred yards away from Selhurst Park stadium

My question is this, pertaining to Pattaya mainly.

I realise that many expats want to follow the game, and their teams either on TV at home or in bars.

But, I have seen one or two bars that seem to advertise football matches on big screens and little else about the bar itself.

So, for a visitor on a 3 week holiday, how much of that time do you spend watching football in a bar during your holiday? Home from home, as it were?

Can bars make money just out of promoting screened football matches? 

13 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

My first posting this topic as I am not really a football fan, despite living a few hundred yards away from Selhurst Park stadium

My question is this, pertaining to Pattaya mainly.

I realise that many expats want to follow the game, and their teams either on TV at home or in bars.

But, I have seen one or two bars that seem to advertise football matches on big screens and little else about the bar itself.

So, for a visitor on a 3 week holiday, how much of that time do you spend watching football in a bar during your holiday? Home from home, as it were?

Can bars make money just out of promoting screened football matches? 

Saturdays and Sundays are best to watch football , the time difference makes it more difficult for mid week matches ( games starting at 02:00 or 03:00 Thai time .. )  

The dedicated Sports bars normally have the English commentary on , but most bars around town will normally just show the pictures .. 

Personally I will try and watch a couple of the early kick offs , especially if my team is playing or if it is a big game , mainly because it's something different to do on a night out 

Dannys Sports Bar is always busy in Treetown when the premier league is on and I assume he is making money , because he also has a bar in Mtyh Night and has bought another on Baukhao 

Crazy league the championship.... Last week we were robbed of o home draw against @coxyhog Watford... Fucking goalkeeper deserved an Oscar after he failed to control the ball... Never in this world was that a foul. 70 minutes, young Adam Wharton controlled the game against the big boys, then 2 goals in the last 7 minutes for the Hornets... Heartbreaking.... Watfords bench proved decisive. Our bench was made up of academy kids, the CEO ( c**t) the tea lady and Stephen Hawking.

Christ!  I'm calling Watford FC big boys. 

Sorry Coxy... But Bristol City did what we should have done of we had your resources. 

And today against a shite Huddersfield town side... We got battered again... We are on the usual death spiral to league one. 

At least @Derek Dangleberries dirty Leeds got beat by the nobenders.

Looks like @Pumpuynaraks Southampton and Leicester will get promoted  as I think Ipswich will drop into the play off's.

One saving grace is that the 6 fingered gurners from turd Moor are guaranteed the drop. Couldn't lay a glove on Liverpool. 

Bollocks to venkys... Sell up and f**k off pronto!!! 

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

At least @Derek Dangleberries dirty Leeds got beat by the nobenders.

Thinking back to my visits to the Manxman in Preston, I certainly was a dirty bastard and should have got sent off too for the places I put my hands..

The Manxman was the only place I have been that was older and smelt fishier than the skanks that went there !!!

• Haha 4

On 12/27/2023 at 3:31 AM, Aqualung said:

Last week we were robbed of o home draw against @coxyhog Watford... Fucking goalkeeper deserved an Oscar after he failed to control the ball... Never in this world was that a foul

Payback for your smash'n grab at our place earlier in the season....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

I watched the Watford vs Stoke match online....one of the worst displays of refereeing I've ever seen.His only correct decision was the red shown to our player but if he'd given the obvious foul on him just before then that wouldn't have happened.

Disappointing result for the Baggies losing at Swansea but still in 5th place, FA Cup next week. Looks like Leeds have eased their relegation worries thanks to Rooney’s boys!!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, richy65 said:

Disappointing result for the Baggies losing at Swansea but still in 5th place, FA Cup next week. Looks like Leeds have eased their relegation worries thanks to Rooney’s boys!!

And Bamford scored too !!!

And it has turned his hair white !!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Rooney to replace ETH !!!

Just joking ......

I wouldn’t be surprised how the managerial merry go round is at the moment! 

• Haha 1