Football

Thinkingallowed

23 hours ago, richy65 said:

Well pleased with the Albion lately, another 3 points tonight at Cardiff and up to third.

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Good comeback from the Hornets.

I kept quiet in case I put bad juju on the Leeds game so a  belated and hearty "WELL DONE !!" from me ...

Good result for us tonight and a shock draw for Wed v Leicester ..!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I kept quiet in case I put bad juju on the Leeds game so a  belated and hearty "WELL DONE !!" from me ...

Good result for us tonight and a shock draw for Wed v Leicester ..!! 

Ha Ha! Just saw the results, Leeds going well and Wednesday equalised in the 93rd minute.

Albion play Leicester at home on Saturday so it's getting interesting..........

• Thumbs Up 2

Bollocks to Leeds, West Brom, QPR, Watford and Leicester.... The Rovers, the most successful town club in Britain, are on the up! 

Oops! I just remembered we are owned by Indian chicken farmer shysters who didn't realise that there was relegation from the Premier league. 

Sheffield Wednesday up next who are next to useless so a guarantee of defeat the usual rovers way! 

• Haha 4

Yup,,, as I said. A defeat at  Hillsborough. Typical Rovers who looked really tired. Having said that, the referee (who I don't normally slag off) had a fucking nightmare as did his assistants and the 4 th official for Wednesdays 2nd goal. Changed the game completely. 

Leeds United up next at Ewood. Lock up your sheep ffs! 

No idea what our team will be with 10 first teamers injured. Bloody nightmare. 

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

4 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Gutted about the Baggies losing in injury time at home to Leicester, oh well, Sunderland away next Saturday and I'll be in Bangkok by then.

I know having a 2nd team is not the norm but I have a massive soft spot for West Bromwich Albion. 

First football kit I ever had at age 4 was West Brom. And the first football match I ever attended was Burnley v Albion in 1968/9. 

I'll never forget players like the late Jeff Astle, len cantello, Tony (bomber) brown, Willie Johnstone, mick Martin and more. Then the great side of the early 80s... Regis, cunnigham, batson, statham, Gary Owen, Peter Barnes, john Osborne, Derek wile, Alistair brown etc etc. 

What a side they had back then. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I know having a 2nd team is not the norm but I have a massive soft spot for West Bromwich Albion. 

First football kit I ever had at age 4 was West Brom. And the first football match I ever attended was Burnley v Albion in 1968/9. 

I'll never forget players like the late Jeff Astle, len cantello, Tony (bomber) brown, Willie Johnstone, mick Martin and more. Then the great side of the early 80s... Regis, cunnigham, batson, statham, Gary Owen, Peter Barnes, john Osborne, Derek wile, Alistair brown etc etc. 

Yes, good times. I started going in 1977 so saw some great games. I'm from a long line of Albion supporters so I've heard all about the 50s and 60s teams and even further back then that, still go occasionaly but not much these days

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if Newcastle will buy De Gea in the January transfer window ...???

EDIT = I promise that the post was triggered by my own little brain but it seems that The Daily Mail must read the forum ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12822889/Newcastle-consider-shock-David-Gea-Man-Uniteds-former-goalkeeper-option-replace-injured-Nick-Pope-four-months-hell-wage-cut.html

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I wonder if Newcastle will buy De Gea in the January transfer window ...???

EDIT = I promise that the post was triggered by my own little brain but it seems that The Daily Mail must read the forum ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12822889/Newcastle-consider-shock-David-Gea-Man-Uniteds-former-goalkeeper-option-replace-injured-Nick-Pope-four-months-hell-wage-cut.html

I was hoping United might get him back ... 😜

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, Aqualung said:

f**k me, did Regis, Cunningham and Batson get some racist abuse back then. Constant booing every time they had the ball and bananas thrown at them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:00 PM, coxyhog said:

Going to see the mighty Watford take on @Pumpuynarak 's Southampton tomorrow.Two of the most in-form teams in the Championship so hopefully a good game.

A good game & a draw probably the right result.Great to see us get a 96th minute equaliser after a lot of time wasting by Soton in the second half....these teams should realise that it doesn't work any more,there were 8 minutes of extra time,mainly because of their antics.

• Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A good game & a draw probably the right result.Great to see us get a 96th minute equaliser after a lot of time wasting by Soton in the second half....these teams should realise that it doesn't work any more,there were 8 minutes of extra time,mainly because of their antics.

My deep loathing for Everton stems from Pickford's obvious time wasting over the last couple of seasons but I have to add that I admire the way they are getting points on the board now ..

A great win for Leeds too ... but I don't want to say too much without upsetting @Aqualung .......

• Like 1