Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

My Step Dad was born and raised in Monterey and I was lucky enough to spend a few years living there while he was remodeling his house. Was up in the Bay Area quite a bit also and absolutely loved it. Your back yard is very beautiful.  You are a very lucky man.

7 minutes ago, lazarus said:

down by the Bay today...Covid restrictions lifted...party boats are out...

20210327-IMG_1882.jpg

20210327-IMG_1903.jpg

20210327-IMG_1909.jpg

20210327-IMG_1993.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, thumper63 said:

My Step Dad was born and raised in Monterey and I was lucky enough to spend a few years living there while he was remodeling his house. Was up in the Bay Area quite a bit also and absolutely loved it. Your back yard is very beautiful.  You are a very lucky man.

Yeah...great city & region. I'm born and raised in San Francisco. Go back several generations on my Mom's side. 

I've lived in a number of large cities but SF is my favorite. My plan is to live here for awhile longer (until my daughter finishes college in 13 years), and eventually retire on the family farm in Thailand to live out my "slow" daze.

20210131-IMG_3285.jpg

20210228-IMG_8409.jpg

20210228-IMG_7895.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

Snow is melting down here but still lots in the high country.

20210327_175756.jpg

20210327_175739.jpg

Love seeing these...I'm still in touch with a few of my buddies from Fort Lewis. Did a lot of exploring around Four Corners back in the mid-70s as a college student & then again in the late 90s as a consultant to the Navajo Nation.

God's Country.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Snow is melting down here but still lots in the high country.

20210327_175756.jpg

20210327_175739.jpg

I sure wish it would start melting around here - last night was -16C(3.2F) and it should get to just about freezing by mid-afternoon; next few days are forecast to be above zero so we'll be seeing some big puddles on the roads...

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Much cuter than fish. 😉 

That's what all the locals are saying, how lovely it is to see them in the river, they will change their tune in a month or two when they have eaten all of the ducks and chicks that we usually get in Spring.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's what all the locals are saying, how lovely it is to see them in the river, they will change their tune in a month or two when they have eaten all of the ducks and chicks that we usually get in Spring.

But if the rivers were still polluted, there wouldn't be any fish , ducks or otters ... I'm sure nature will balance out 😉 

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

But if the rivers were still polluted, there wouldn't be any fish , ducks or otters ... I'm sure nature will balance out 😉 

Nature had balanced out but they introduced over a hundred mating pairs without doing the research. Now they have realised the damage they are doing but it is too late.

My two local lakes that I have fished for 30 years have had otters on for around 4 years. They have killed over 50 big carp and most of the other fish. All the bird life has gone, been killed. The owner wasn't allowed to even trap them to relocate.and now has lost thousands of pounds worth of fish.

All of the private lakes have had to spend thousands of pounds to Otter fence their water to protect their livelyhood. It is beyond a joke at the moment.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

On 3/30/2021 at 5:00 AM, boydeste said:

Nature had balanced out but they introduced over a hundred mating pairs without doing the research. Now they have realised the damage they are doing but it is too late.

My two local lakes that I have fished for 30 years have had otters on for around 4 years. They have killed over 50 big carp and most of the other fish. All the bird life has gone, been killed. The owner wasn't allowed to even trap them to relocate.and now has lost thousands of pounds worth of fish.

All of the private lakes have had to spend thousands of pounds to Otter fence their water to protect their livelyhood. It is beyond a joke at the moment.

Very sad indeed mate. I watched a prog last night on TV, Jeremy Wade and he was investigating why the King Salmon have disappeared from Alaska's rivers, it turned out he believes the Orca's are responsible feeding on them at the river mouths. They can reach 5 feet in length and 100 lbs, what a feed that must be, bloody Orca's but thats nature at work.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Quick hike yesterday in a city called "Los Gatos" here locally. This road, Kennedy Road is where all the "high so's" in Los Gatos live. When Bitcoin gets to $100k per share, I will be one of them too and buy a house like they have LOL! 

Well having not ever been on this trail before,  we were hoping to make the entire 4.1 mile walk on Priest Rock Trail..............NOT!  35% incline walk and according to wifeys "Fitbit" our round trip excursion was 5.6 miles total. About 2.8 miles up, 2.8 back. It was alot easier going down then up......ah the hazards of getting in the "older guy" category.

Peaceful and nice day up there....luckily I brought my pepper spray, did not want to encounter and tangle with any Mountain Lions.

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4248.JPG

IMG_4249 2.jpg

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4256.JPG

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4276.jpg