Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

One thing I have noticed it makes a big difference to the air quality in my condo if I keep the air purifier cleaned out......Its easy to get lazy and forget to clean it....It does not take long for the outer screen to get pretty damm dirty.....

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

One thing I have noticed it makes a big difference to the air quality in my condo if I keep the air purifier cleaned out......Its easy to get lazy and forget to clean it....It does not take long for the outer screen to get pretty damm dirty.....

Thanks for the reminder. I'm just as forgetful, although it's not the outer screen/filter that gets dirty, but the HEPA filter that needs to be replaced.

Speaking of air cleaners......I have a 35-meter condo and I run the air purifier 24/7/365 and I don't open the windows only the balcony door.....Yet somehow I still get a fair amount of dust on everything....I clean it up then in a month or 2 the dust is back...

I just don't get where the dust comes from?

Bloody hell if the air was not being cleaned 24/7 the dust would be really really bad..

Maybe if I was on a higher floor I might have less dust I don't know....

49 minutes ago, fforest said:

Folks we have it easy compared to China and North Africa that are getting absolutely hammered as usual....

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=12.8;97.2;5&l=pm25

In North Africa, the air pollution seems very bad most months of the year.....

Australia seems pretty pollution free all year round....

Coincidentally an Australian friend was bragging last night that Tasmania had the cleanest air in the world. Just looked it up and found out he was telling me a porky, they're third down the list with Zurich taking the #1 spot.

The 7 cities with the cleanest air in the world – ranking

Cleanest air in the world in 2022

1. Zurich, Switzerland

The cleanest air in the world is in Zurich. The pollution status is determined on the basis of average levels of PM2.5 measured over a period of 12 months. And this Swiss city obtained an annual value of 0.51 µg / m3, which makes it the lowest in the world.

1. Reykjavík, Iceland

Even though Reykjavík is the largest city in Iceland and its capital, it proudly wears the title of the cleanest city in the country. With annual PM2.5 levels at 1.9 µg/m³, it shouldn’t be a surprise that it concentrates on using more alternative energy sources.

1. Launceston, Australia

Launceston, a city in the north of Tasmania is another area with the least air pollution. Annual levels of PM2.5 reach approximately 3.68 µg/m3 during the twelve-month period.

1. Honolulu, Hawaii

Even though the capital of Hawaii is a major tourist destination, it still has one of the cleanest air in the world in 2022. Measurements show that the level of PM2.5 in this area is around 4.04 µg / m3 per year, which is an excellent result.

1. Bergen, Norway

The colourful town of Bergen is another one of the cities with the best air quality in the world. Its PM2.5 levels are measured at around 4.39 µg/m3 per year, making it a perfect place not only for residents but any visitors.

1. Wollongong, Australia

This Australian coastal city offers not only breathtaking views, but clean air as well. With annual levels of PM2.5 at around 4.51 µg/m3, it’s high on the list of the least polluted cities in the world.

1. Trondheim, Norway

Trondheim is another proud Scandinavian representative in the line-up of the least polluted cities in the worldAnd that’s thanks to the low levels of PM2.5, which place at around 4.77 µg/m3 per year.

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Coincidentally an Australian friend was bragging last night that Tasmania had the cleanest air in the world. Just looked it up and found out he was telling me a porky, they're third down the list with Zurich taking the #1 spot.

The 7 cities with the cleanest air in the world – ranking

Cleanest air in the world in 2022

1. Wollongong, Australia

This Australian coastal city offers not only breathtaking views, but clean air as well. With annual levels of PM2.5 at around 4.51 µg/m3, it’s high on the list of the least polluted cities in the world.

If Wollongong is there I think they're taking the piss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZJa8VJa3I

You'll have to follow the link, YouTube won't let me embed the vid.

Folks we have it easy compared to China and North Africa that are getting absolutely hammered as usual....

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=12.8;97.2;5&l=pm25

In North Africa, the air pollution seems very bad most months of the year.....

Australia seems pretty pollution free all year round....

Very interesting, more West Africa i would say. Well worth a look up on google to see what's happening there.

8 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Very interesting, more West Africa i would say. Well worth a look up on google to see what's happening there.

I was surprised to see West Africa suffering so badly. There are pollution problems, but industrialisation and even numbers of cars is less than asia.

It seems solid fuel for cooking - open fires/charcoal/coal - are bad, high sulphur content diesel, farming methods including burning and major polluter Nigeria being nearby are all factors.

12 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Mmmm .. let me think ... perhaps the two largest sand deserts in the World ..Sahara and Gobi...

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Mmmm .. let me think ... perhaps the two largest sand deserts in the World ..Sahara and Gobi...

Well that is a good point. The Harmattan blowing south to west africa and gibli north to Libya and Tunisia. But those are seasonal and i don't recall much apart from feeling a bit sand blasted especially in the north. But i was always near the sea and my lungs were more youthful in those days.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Well that is a good point. The Harmattan blowing south to west africa and gibli north to Libya and Tunisia. But those are seasonal and i don't recall much apart from feeling a bit sand blasted especially in the north. But i was always near the sea and my lungs were more youthful in those days.

Exactly mate....Hence the worse pollution in the West rather than the North....I worked for Ghana Telecomm for 2 years and it was obvious when the seasonal winds were in town.