Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

am looking for some now.  seem more dear than an ac unit ffs

IMG20220410135544.jpg

2988 Bt at Thaiwatsadu. Has 2.5 ppm indication, manual fan speed or changes speed according air contamination. 

Read somewhere that all the other stuff like ionization is not necessary. Might buy a second as I am too lazy to move it from bedroom to living room an vice versa.

Edited by CampariO

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was around your area this morning on the way to my sato shop. I really struggled to take in a lungful of fresh air. On the way back along Sukhumvit it was pretty bloody rough breathing in hard after a 2 hour walk. 

And stupid me was out riding my bicycle for exercise and picture taking. Did 31km and so far all good; I'm not hacking up any black gunk.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CampariO said:

IMG20220410135544.jpg

2988 Bt at Thaiwatsadu. Has 2.5 ppm indication, manual fan speed or changes speed according air contamination. 

Read somewhere that all the other stuff like ionization is not necessary. Might buy a second as I am too lazy to move it from bedroom to living room an vice versa.

what area room are u using that for.  does it work?  does the read out go down quickly?

23 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

what area room are u using that for.  does it work?  does the read out go down quickly?

Living room has 37 sqm, bedroom 19 sqm. Normal room height. If you have a 2-storey with open stairs it will add to the volume, of course.

What is quickly? Fast enough, I would say. Maybe 1 hour from 50 to 20 in the bedroom? Something like this. Maybe faster in full speed instead auto?

The indication is quite accurate, compared it with the data from https://www.iqair.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

Just don't forget to remove the plastic protection film before starting it up....otherwise you can wait forever.

As I have some allergy issues I let it sometimes run through the night, goes down to 4 or 5. Didn't improve the allergy issues though, maybe it is the alcohol and not the blossoms.

Edited by CampariO

22 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

The user guide says 91 cubic feet/minute (2.57 cubic metres). Calculate you room size.

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/airpurifier/f2930170n

My mid-size Samsung does 7.8 cubic metres/minute and is meant to be suitable for areas up to 60 sqm.

Edited by fygjam

43 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Living room has 37 sqm, bedroom 19 sqm. Normal room height. If you have a 2-storey with open stairs it will add to the volume, of course.

What is quickly? Fast enough, I would say. Maybe 1 hour from 50 to 20 in the bedroom? Something like this. Maybe faster in full speed instead auto?

The indication is quite accurate, compared it with the data from https://www.iqair.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

Just don't forget to remove the plastic protection film before starting it up....otherwise you can wait forever.

As I have some allergy issues I let it sometimes run through the night, goes down to 4 or 5. Didn't improve the allergy issues though, maybe it is the alcohol and not the blossoms.

and you use similar units in both sized rooms?  sorry to ask but at that price I will be ordering them 🙂

I have only one unit, that's why I said I might buy a second. If you order one and don't like it, I will buy it from you within a week - half price of course. 🙃

Not noisy, similar to the fan of a quality AC, though you can hear it on low speed. Don't bother me at night as the AC is running same time and I am a bit sensitive as well. You can run them all day long on low speed, the installed power is 49 Watts only, so they don't use much electricity. 

Uhmmm, by the way, don't smoke inside the room, otherwise they won't be of much use. And why do you care anyway? Compared to the fags you inhale the units will not do much to increase your time on earth. Or did you finally quit?

19 minutes ago, CampariO said:

On the other hand you could come to our house and see (and listen) the unit in action. You just have to promise to stay away from my black label, not to touch the fridge and don't rape the neighbours bull dog again.

the biulldog only has eyes for you, the black label is refilled with blend and the fridge has mould, but i wont be tellig anyone

still smoking but not in the house

ordering oe to see how it goes in the bedroom as we both, she doesnt smoke, seem to have issues when we wake up.  then go from there,  thanks

6 hours ago, CampariO said:

On the other hand you could come to our house and see (and listen) the unit in action. You just have to promise to stay away from my black label, not to touch the fridge and don't rape the neighbours bull dog again.

He told me he had reformed 

I believed him not

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

last question.  sorry, is it noisy?  i hate noise

This is the air purifier me and forcebwithu have....

I run it 24/7/365.......Its completely quite, on the low and mid range fan, and on high just a tiny bit of noise...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sharp-fp-j30ta-23-i1879404384-s5858068539.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.30.1a933d497FLQQX&search=1

image.jpeg

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

you know its a slow day when the oz wannabee sewer sucker makes a joke

Funny you should say that spent the morning altering the laundry plumbing to get a nicer tub in there and make room for the extra freezer ( i have heard down the boozer thats where you live when they let you out they defrost you and drain out the embalming fluid )

5 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Funny you should say that spent the morning altering the laundry plumbing to get a nicer tub in there and make room for the extra freezer ( i have heard down the boozer thats where you live when they let you out they defrost you and drain out the embalming fluid )

me thinks you know too much for your own health 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, CampariO said:

Could be your pillows or bedding... also possibly laundry detergent.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Could be your pillows or bedding... also possibly laundry detergent.

Changed already everything, and when I went to Germany for 2-3 weeks, the problem persists. It's hives, probably, flares up every other day. Started about 2 weeks after my second AstraZeneca......but I had since a couple of years a similar allergy to vitamine B, when eating too many pomelos, grapefruits or similar fruits. Now on antihistamins almost daily, hoping it will improve in the future.

6 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Changed already everything, and when I went to Germany for 2-3 weeks, the problem persists. It's hives, probably, flares up every other day. Started about 2 weeks after my second AstraZeneca......but I had since a couple of years a similar allergy to vitamine B, when eating too many pomelos, grapefruits or similar fruits. Now on antihistamins almost daily, hoping it will improve in the future.

Hives can be a serious indicator. Not telling you what to do here, but if I was in that sort of misery I would definatly see and allergist. Could even be a life saver.

Whatever you are reacting to, hives is not good. Allergies can build up in your system.... For a time it might be the hives, then one day it can hit your bronc tubes, even causing death.

• Great Info 2

On 4/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, CampariO said:

I have only one unit, that's why I said I might buy a second. If you order one and don't like it, I will buy it from you within a week - half price of course. 🙃

Not noisy, similar to the fan of a quality AC, though you can hear it on low speed. Don't bother me at night as the AC is running same time and I am a bit sensitive as well. You can run them all day long on low speed, the installed power is 49 Watts only, so they don't use much electricity. 

Uhmmm, by the way, don't smoke inside the room, otherwise they won't be of much use. And why do you care anyway? Compared to the fags you inhale the units will not do much to increase your time on earth. Or did you finally quit?

THANK YOU

units arrived yesterday, I chose hatari.  bedroom went from over a hundred, 111 i think, to 5  by the time we went to bed and we slept very well.

second unit switched on on today but will need a third as the living room is double it workable area.  but at that price thats ok

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, tommy dee said:

THANK YOU

units arrived yesterday, I chose hatari.  bedroom went from over a hundred, 111 i think, to 5  by the time we went to bed and we slept very well.

second unit switched on on today but will need a third as the living room is double it workable area.  but at that price thats ok

After you run the units for months you will see just how dirty air in a condo or house really is....Your filters will turn black....The filters can be gently washed off with water (no scrubbing), but I think they should be replaced at least once a year...

For health I think its one of the best investments around..

There will still be a bit of room dust build-up,but a whole lot less than before..

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 2

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

After you run the units for months you will see just how dirty air in a condo or house really is....Your filters will turn black....The filters can be gently washed off with water (no scrubbing), but I think they should be replaced at least once a year...

For health I think its one of the best investments around..

There will still be a bit of room dust build-up,but a whole lot less than before..

thank you.  i plan to buy 2 more,  i was amazed this morning in the bedroom, not that way she is still asleep, that it was down to about 3.  I slept like a baby.  should have bought these years ago

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2