Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

37 minutes ago, Chappo said:

any recommendations for an air purifier for 44sqm office? - i have a hepa filter in my aircon - but feel the bad air in my nose and throat

While the units @fforest and I bought are rated for 21 - 23 sqm, you might want to buy one and see if it can handle your office space. If you're in the Pattaya are, you're welcome to borrow my PM 2.5 detector to measure how effective the purifier is in your office. Any other BM is also welcome to borrow the detector. If it turns out one is not enough, then purchase a 2nd one.

If you don't go in and out of your office that much, you may find the smaller unit is sufficient.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chappo said:

any recommendations for an air purifier for 44sqm office? - i have a hepa filter in my aircon - but feel the bad air in my nose and throat

I'd get an air quality measuring device first so you know what you are trying to improve and/or can measure if you are improving it.

One thing I didn't mention in my earlier post. Area vs volume. Purifier manufacturers are happy to claim "suitable for X sqm but you might have to dig into the specs to see what volume of air they process in an hour.

Some air purifiers include an activated charcoal stage so they remove fumes/gases as well as particulate matter.

When did you last replace the filter element in the aircon, they don't last forever.

Air purifiers available from Power Buy, might give you some idea of what you're looking form

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/air-care/air-treatment/air-purifiers

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed how cool the weather is this April? Its not very hot at all.......The pollution smaze is vastly reduced from a few months ago but its still hanging around a bit......I have not been able to get decent sunrise pictures in ages except for 2 days.....

• 7 months later...

It's that time of year again...

City residents warned of PM2.5 surge

Bangkok residents are being warned to brace for higher levels of hazardous particulate matter smaller than 2.5 microns (PM2.5), as so-called stagnant air is expected to intensify from tomorrow until Tuesday because of a drop in wind speeds.

Wish they would get it right. It's not a drop in wind speeds that causes an increase in pollution levels, it's the seasonal cold weather inversion layer that is keeping the shit close to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

No scientific measurements but the air quality seemed as bad as I had seen it for some time.  First few pictures taken from Naklua Road area looking firstly towards Naklua and then moving towards the Terminal 21 mall.  The rest are taken from Beach Road.  No post processing done to reduce or enhance the haze.

0B0A7160.jpg

0B0A7161.jpg

0B0A7162.jpg

0B0A7163.jpg

0B0A7164.jpg

0B0A7165.jpg

0B0A7166.jpg

0B0A7167.jpg

0B0A7168.jpg

0B0A7169.jpg

0B0A7170.jpg

0B0A7171.jpg

0B0A7172.jpg

0B0A7176.jpg

0B0A7180.jpg

0B0A7183.jpg

0B0A7185-Pano.jpg

0B0A7199.jpg

0B0A7200.jpg

0B0A7206.jpg

0B0A7207.jpg

0B0A7208.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

I hope everyone has a air purifier.....I don't worry to much any more....My Sharp air purifier runs 24/7 this time of year....

When I get back to CM next smoke season I'll get two air purifiers for my 2 bedroom condo. It also has 3 new A/C units. I'll be cranking all of them sums of bitches 24/7 during smoke season. 

Today is not off to a good start AQI wise. Didn't realize my home PM2.5 detector flashes red when the number goes over 114, that's a first since I bought it last year. Temperature wise today should be a beautiful day, but unfortunately I'm going to have to close the window and door to my home office and turn on the A/C so my air purifier can do its thing.

PC220001.jpg

0B0A9715.jpg

0B0A9731.jpg

Not looking bad today.  Some haze but not that much.

I do tend to view it from the point of view of how clear does it look, a purely subjective test.  Pollution does affect visibility, as does humidity, dust in the air and even pockets of air at different temperatures.  On occasions visibility is OK yet an air quality measurement shows poor.