What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

^^^^ yes, some of the stuff you come across is just amazing. Helps you to forget some of the b.s. you have to sift through. It's worth it though, amazing app. Changing life for the better with most people. Was certainly a key factor that helped me get through the covid debacle.

I hadn't heard of this group until this vid popped up in my YT recommend list. Below is a C&P of a comment from YT that does a great job of explaining the meaning of the vid.

"For those unfamiliar with this band-- this was the  way Kent announced their finish-- the last album and tour as one of Sweden's most successful bands. I'm not a "Kent expert" although I did enjoy them so this is my take-- many of the shots are of previous album covers and songs (the plane, the tiger, the running girl, the woman on horseback, woman in the tunnel, the dogs, etc.) It's as if Death is rounding up everything from the past and bringing it back together one last time, for one last march. Då Som Nu För Alltid means Then As Now Forever."

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:47 PM, Binlid said:

In the younger days Barry White is a guy we would make a lot of jokes about. But as the years passed I learned to appreciate and enjoy a lot of his stuff.

Interesting niche he created, and can be very enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

In the younger days Barry White is a guy we would make a lot of jokes about. But as the years passed I learned to appreciate and enjoy a lot of his stuff.

Interesting niche he created, and can be very enjoyable.

In the UK he was affectionately known as The Walrus of Love, reckon his Can`t Get Enough album was the soundtrack to a few premature ejaculations back in the mid seventies:default_blushing:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

In the UK he was affectionately known as The Walrus of Love, reckon his Can`t Get Enough album was the soundtrack to a few premature ejaculations back in the mid seventies:default_blushing:

Ha.    Thanks for that one. Love Brit expressions. 

Sitting at a table With a few Brit fellows always puts a smile on my face, even if what they are saying isn't intended to be humorous. And when they get on a good roll it is top entertainment for me. 

Watching the BBC series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on the tele now. Each scene a new word or pharse seems to pop up. Sometimes requires a bit more concentration with the dialouge, but enjoying the tid bits I am picking up.

The Walrus certainly had some talent, and some killer hair styles. He probably went through a different doo rag each day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Ha.    Thanks for that one. Love Brit expressions. 

Sitting at a table With a few Brit fellows always puts a smile on my face, even if what they are saying isn't intended to be humorous. And when they get on a good roll it is top entertainment for me. 

Watching the BBC series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on the tele now. Each scene a new word or pharse seems to pop up. Sometimes requires a bit more concentration with the dialouge, but enjoying the tid bits I am picking up.

The Walrus certainly had some talent, and some killer hair styles. He probably went through a different doo rag each day.

I’ve got the original TTSS on CD somewhere. 
I must dig it out sometime.  🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been a fan of Ludovico Einaudi since he first became known in Britain, nowadays some might regard him as the greatest living classical pianist-composer. Over the years, his work has become deeper, even darker perhaps, starting with 'In A Time Lapse' back in 2013. His latest creation may be the most ambitious project by any living classical composer, '7 Days Walking', with over 6 hours of music by piano, violin/viola and cello. Oddly, even though it was released in 2019, I haven't been able to find the complete work on Bit Torrents, just odd parts. The whole thing is readily available on YouTube, though, so I'm using Audacity to record each of the 7 days one at a time.

• Like 1