Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

The FNG (me) (the NG stands for New Guy) has a suggestion. I think it might be best to have separate threads about home cooking vs restaurant offerings. As usual the FNG has no idea about how best to approach accomplish this, providing others agree that this is a decent idea.

Home Cooking Recipe 2 - Forty Cloves Chicken

This is a long standing favorite recipe of mine, which I made again recently. I have made several versions from various cooking show luminaries, but have found Ina Garten's version to be the most direct and still very flavorful. 

https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/chicken-with-forty-cloves-of-garlic

Some things to make sure to observe about this recipe are:

• Blanch the garlic cloves for one minute before peeling the garlic. The best way to peel the garlic IMO is to cut off the root end, give the clove a light smash with a lesser knife, and the peel it. One should be able to peel the garlic in 15 minutes this way.
  • Pad the chicken with paper towels several times. This will give you a crisper skin from the browning process. Also I use 8 bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe. IMO this section of the chicken is the most moist and flavorful for this recipe

I really like serving this dish over couscous. I think the sauce and couscous work very well together. My recipe for the couscous is:

• Follow the recipe for the couscous package, which is usually add some salt, and olive oil to water. Bring the liquid to a boil, turn off heat, add couscous, and cover for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork. A better description with regard to volumes is provided in a link below.

I use homemade chicken broth instead of water. I also bring a small dish of water to a boil, turn off heat and add a goodly pinch of saffron threads. At the point where the chicken broth liquid has the heat turned off, I add the saffron liquid, couscous, 1/2 cup of golden raisins, and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Worth the effort IMO.

The Couscous link

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/couscous.html

A few pics

Chicken on a serving plate

40 Cloves 2 - A.jpg

Plated

40 Cloves 2 - B.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Yesterday and today we've been in London, the Mrs had to attend the Royal college of Physicians to give part of a lecture about stuff.

IMG_20220609_180640 (Large).jpg

IMG_20220609_181046 (Large).jpg

Found a cracking little Thai eaterie near Camden Lock, Tom Yam Gai for £8 ehich I thought was ghood value, Mrs had a mixture of noodles, chicken and beef for £10. It's called "Pho Kae" and is just up from Camden Street Tube Station as you walk towards the Lock. Run by a Thai lady it seems, she also does the cooking and she is bloody good.

IMG_20220609_145527 (Large).jpg

IMG_20220609_151508 (Large).jpg

IMG_20220609_151831 (Large).jpg

This evening I've done my version of Plan Neung Manao using Sea Bream, grilled asparagus with Parmesan and broccoli done in the air fryer with salt and vinegar.

IMG_20220610_183043 (Large).jpg

Love Camden,go to many gig's there. Some really great food places there, plus the market.

Favourite place in London.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

& from tonight the missus was in Billingsgate at 4am buying all sorts of seafood so I had a lovely prawn omelette with some baked beans whilst watching the Eng U21's beat Kosovo 5-0.

6883cf20-8082-42aa-b7c7-d9c1d891c5b5.jpg

Love your food pics, and Mrs Coxyhog's top notch cookery.........

Seafood and beans?The left of the picture is fantatic, but can't have those beans!!!

Not suggesting it's a bad as burnt chip gate

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Love your food pics, and Mrs Coxyhog's top notch cookery.........

Seafood and beans?The left of the picture is fantatic, but can't have those beans!!!

Not suggesting it's a bad as burnt chip gate

Beans go with most things

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1