What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

This was a classy beer, with one of the most interesting bottles I've seen, Turm Weisse from the Kuchlbauer brewery in Abensberg, Bavaria. A healthy 5.9% alcohol content and an interesting range of flavours. That's what I'd call a happy beer, you can't help but feel better when sipping it. I got it from Siamburi's where it's on offer at just 99 Baht for a 500 ml bottle, well worth it.

IMG20231024190617.jpg

I learnt that the unusual label is a depiction of a lookout tower in the beer garden at the brewery... must add that one to my bucket list, lol.

Hundertwasser-Kuchlbauer-Turm-Abensberg-

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Tap Water

What's the location? There are some great tap waters out there.

In the old days i used to just fill a cup from the tap, drink it and that was that. Now i tend to fill a jug, put it in the fridge and then serve cold with some ice - bit of advance planning needed. Or pour into a reuseable bottle and carry it about with me in case of a sudden overwhelming dehydration before i can get back to the tap.

16 minutes ago, Zambo said:

What's the location?

My kitchen.

Amazing thing, these water taps. You just open the tap and as if by magic there is water coming out. Both warm and cold depending on which way I turn the tap. Truely fantastic. I also have a tap in the bathroom. 

No more going to the village well or collecting rainwater.

Tap water, the future is here, the future is now! 😍

5 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Tap water, the future is here, the future is now! 

Yes truly a miracle - some don't have it yet. But that's the same with any modern development, some also don't have 5G so struggle along on this very forum with a dial-up connection.

Careful about nudging your mixer tap to the left for warm water and than drinking, the hot water tank is not nearly as clean as the nudge right for the cold water direct from the source.

"well water" now there is a  variety of quality that can range from rejuvinating the old to poisoning the unsuspecting.

13 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My house well in Isaan nearly 30 years ago and so many many wells in remote African villages ...

Yes. I worked in Romania for a couple of years. There the problem was drilling for oil beneath the acquifers which the wells were sunk down to.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Zambo said:

Yes. I worked in Romania for a couple of years. There the problem was drilling for oil beneath the acquifers which the wells were sunk down to.

A lot of it is the green slime that builds up in the downpipes from lack of use due to drought... but hey, who needs water when the Catholic Church gives you new school shoes to carry around with your school books ...!!! 

(Sorry everybody for that interjection but it just pissed be off at the time..)

13 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

A lot of it is the green slime that builds up in the downpipes from lack of use due to drought... but hey, who needs water when the Catholic Church gives you new school shoes to carry around with your school books ...!!! 

(Sorry everybody for that interjection but it just pissed be off at the time..)

Yes  many communities don't have access to clean piped water or even clean well water. Bottled water is a luxury not affordable to many people.

• Thumbs Up 1