What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

I almost didn't bother with this one due to the silly name, 'Love Beer'. It's OK though nothing special to my taste, but the beer reviewers give it 88/100, which is pretty good. I've drunk several of the Schneiderweiss beers, as well as the Kuchlbauer Weissbiers, and I find I much prefer the latter brewery. They're both famous breweries in Bavaria, so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

IMG20231101185907.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Burmese beer Holiday Inn,  Sukhumvit 22. 

Prices are more Holiday Inn than Burma, ++ pricing and 330ml serving. Grossing up to get a UK pint, I've got the cheapest at around £10, the strongest at around £15!!! So 450 baht for the one below, pretty average it was too.

Go fund me page to follow.....

20231102_155446.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/2/2023 at 4:51 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Lao lager, 110 baht, 330ml . Tastes far better than the overpriced Holiday Inn craft offering. Royal Oak no service charge,  happy to tip.

20231102_164609.jpg

There ya go mate !      That is my enjoyment brew.  Especially the IPA. IMO not much better out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:39 AM, Toy Boy said:

I then discovered that San Miguel have started brewing San Miguel Zero here. It's actually 3% alcohol content, the Zero in the name refers to it having zero carbohydrates, so at just 60 calories a bottle it's about as diet-friendly as an alcoholic beer can be. The problem, is that the damn stuff is almost impossible to find. I've scoured the supermarkets and booze wholesalers but so far have only seen it in Big C at 41 Baht a bottle and in the occasional 7-eleven at 38 Baht. Only very limited amounts available, though, and no cases or crates of it. It's not one for the Leo lovers as it's a very dry beer, I like to think of it as crisp and clean, not at all unpleasant but if you want a sugar fix then this one isn't for you. I'm sure it's not one for the "real Thai men", either, so I don't know how long it will be on the market. If you fancy a light beer both in terms of alcohol and calories, give this one a go. And if you happen to see anywhere selling it by the case or box, please do let me know.

Must still be available as a friend was drinking it last night in a bar near me.  She was surprised when it was pointed out it was 3% rather than the 0% she thought.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Must still be available as a friend was drinking it last night in a bar near me.  She was surprised when it was pointed out it was 3% rather than the 0% she thought.

Buy her 6 or 7 of those quickly and you will have your tumb up her wet bun before you can count to ten.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, KWA said:

The staff were happily serving me that on a non alcohol day in Bkk last year!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

20231105_193326.jpg

Buffalo Bills used to serve that on draught in his waterfront restaurant in HuaHin. 
I used to drop in there of a Sunday for a roast lunch (actually he never started serving it until around 4pm😟) and he charged 30 Baht a half pint for Chang back then. 
I don’t know why I drank it because it always gave me a headache after 2 of these. 🥺

• Haha 1

Coffee before heading to the airport.

Screenshot_20231106_065450_Shopee SG.jpg

just got this capsule coffee machine. It's the more basic version so doesn't have a separate attachment for milk for cappuccino or latte - but there are premixed capsules if needed.

I always drink black coffee so i can have expresso or americano. So far i have bought starbucks capsules, but i'm on the lookout for macdonalds as i do like their americano.

• Like 3