Cricket

coxyhog

Joe Root has resigned as England captain,not really surprising given recent results.

But who to replace him?....I guess Stokes is probably favourite but remember the last time we made our world class all rounder captain?....Ian Botham wasn't much good at it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Joe Root has resigned as England captain,not really surprising given recent results.

But who to replace him?....I guess Stokes is probably favourite but remember the last time we made our world class all rounder captain?....Ian Botham wasn't much good at it.

Not surprised he's quit, but as you say, who to replace him? Bring back Mike Brearley for a series? 

It's a shame one of the new players hasn't made a good showing, as some of them seem ideal. Out of the current team, is Stokes the only candidate? Bairstow? Not really sure either of them would work

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Not sure Stoksey would want it either given the break he needed for mental health reasons. They could go for a short term appointment like Broad until another obvious candidate emerges.

1 hour ago, Sangsom said:

Not sure Stoksey would want it either given the break he needed for mental health reasons. They could go for a short term appointment like Broad until another obvious candidate emerges.

Maybe but have you seen Broad on reviews😂

Buttler miles ahead of everyone else in the IPL so far for runs. We like to have a moan about test cricket but I really get a lot of pleasure seeing Buttler, Livingstone et al tearing it up in this format.

On my bucket list to go to India to see IPL, mostly support Rajasthan Royals as they had a good core of English lads until this year. Also got an eye on Pubjab this year for Bairstow/Livingstone. Really hope I can manage to get out there in the next 2/3 years and see this current crop of lads and hopefully Stokes is back in the frame in the next year or two as well.