Cricket

coxyhog

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the first session of the first Test match between Pakistan and Australia.

Pakistan settling in nicely at 93-0.

First test between India and Sri Lanka start's in an hour so will be flicking between both games this morning. Raining as usual so won't be going anywhere.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Watching the first session of the first Test match between Pakistan and Australia.

Pakistan settling in nicely at 93-0.

First test between India and Sri Lanka start's in an hour so will be flicking between both games this morning. Raining as usual so won't be going anywhere.

245-1 end of day one...made the aussies seem human after all

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't want to detract from the obituary thread but Warnie playing for Hampshire reminded me of years way gone by watching Trevor Jesty play for Hampshire on Sunday afternoons in limited over competitions.....

To me as a youth it was the only way to play cricket ...Wang the ball as hard as you can , in all directions and f**k the consequences...

EDIT = I've just remembered (how dare I forget!) watching the APE Knott in one game at Bournemouth too...

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

England chasing 311 set by Australia in the Women's World Cup. England 64 for 1 off 12 overs. Big ask to get that score, don't fancy our chances. 

England had a good go, got to 298 for 8 in their 50 overs. Just 13 runs short. 

Bloody great effort,310 was the highest score by any team against England. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, galenkia said:

England had a good go, got to 298 for 8 in their 50 overs. Just 13 runs short. 

Bloody great effort,310 was the highest score by any team against England. 

Yes they had a different mentality from the Ashes...nearly did it

• Like 1