Cricket

coxyhog

7 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Mark Wood signed for about £750k, didn’t expect that but good on him. Amazed Adil Rashid doesn’t get a look in on the IPL, still a chance he could get picked up tomorrow, just surprised he gets no bids at all.

Must be humiliating for some players

14 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Few other surprises like Imran Tahir, Matthew Wade and Adam Zampa for example all unsold.

They get another crack tomorrow so some will likely get picked up when the teams have had chance to assess purchases so far.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Mark Wood signed for about £750k, didn’t expect that but good on him. Amazed Adil Rashid doesn’t get a look in on the IPL, still a chance he could get picked up tomorrow, just surprised he gets no bids at all.

To whom does the money go though ? I've no idea.

Under what circumstances does Mark Wood actually get paid 750K? Not arguing against your post. 

Sounds like a whole load of horse shit that Mark Wood be paid 75K for a series of 1 day games, I could get. But 750k never happening, surely??

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

To whom does the money go though ? I've no idea.

Under what circumstances does Mark Wood actually get paid 750K? Not arguing against your post. 

Sounds like a whole load of horse shit that Mark Wood be paid 75K for a series of 1 day games, I could get. But 750k never happening, surely??

He absolutely gets the money. Whatever they go for at auction they get, not bad for 6 weeks work (Although I sure they lose a bit if they can’t make the full IPL due to England commitments). Ben Stokes got £1.8 milly 3-4 years back when he was at his peak before the pandemic. I’m sure there will be the usual agent/lawyer fees but beyond that they get the auction fee.

Edited by Sangsom
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

He absolutely gets the money. Whatever they go for at auction they get, not bad for 6 weeks work (Although I sure they lose a bit if they can’t make the full IPL due to England commitments). Ben Stokes got £1.8 milly 3-4 years back when he was at his peak before the pandemic. I’m sure there will be the usual agent/lawyer fees but beyond that they get the auction fee.

Thanks! 

Don't dislike Mark Wood at all, but that's a crazy price. He'd be so far down my list of best fast bowlers to play in Test Cricket you'd need a periscope to find him.

750k  insane.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Some proper surprises on day 2.

Unsold - Alex Hales, Aaron Finch,Eoin Morgan,Dawid Malan, Ishant Sharma, Steve Smith among others.

Jason Roy only went for 200k, a third of what Bairstow went for.

😮

I though Malan was the number 1 t20 batsman in the world....??!!!

Must be a bit embarrassing to put yourself up for auction only to remain unsold. Had they set their own reserves too high?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Painter said:

I though Malan was the number 1 t20 batsman in the world....??!!!

Must be a bit embarrassing to put yourself up for auction only to remain unsold. Had they set their own reserves too high?

Probably so. But yeah,he was number one during last year.

Morgan not in the best of form currently, but Hales has been playing well in the PSL currently.

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Some proper surprises on day 2.

Unsold - Alex Hales, Aaron Finch,Eoin Morgan,Dawid Malan, Ishant Sharma, Steve Smith among others.

Jason Roy only went for 200k, a third of what Bairstow went for.

😮

Hales picked up by KKR for about £150k

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, galenkia said:

Probably so. But yeah,he was number one during last year.

Morgan not in the best of form currently, but Hales has been playing well in the PSL currently.

I’ve just realised that Hales has basically replaced Morgan at KKR, a bit of irony there. Bet Hales is feeling smug with himself.

• Thumbs Up 1