30 Day Visa Extension on 6 Month METV

Murchie

So I arrived in Thailand on the 29th February and got a 60 day stamp which takes me up to the 28th April. I see that some people are getting automatic renewals. As far as I can tell this doesn't apply to me and I will still need to go to immigration. 

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Murchie said:

So I arrived in Thailand on the 29th February and got a 60 day stamp which takes me up to the 28th April. I see that some people are getting automatic renewals. As far as I can tell this doesn't apply to me and I will still need to go to immigration. 

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. 

If you are visiting Thailand and your visa expired after 26 March 2020 you will be granted an automatic extension until 30 April 2020. This applies to all types of visa including tourist, on arrival, marriage, retirement, expat/work, and business.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/entry-requirements

35 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

As far as I can see, your visa will be extended until the 30th of April. Then it will depend on what the authorities do next.

My visa is good till the 28th April. I can then get a 30 day extension hower I can't find anything about METV automatically being extend by 30 days.

16 minutes ago, Murchie said:

My visa is good till the 28th April. I can then get a 30 day extension hower I can't find anything about METV automatically being extend by 30 days.

'This applies to all types of visa including tourist, on arrival, marriage, retirement, expat/work, and business.'

Gov.uk says that it applies to all visas, I don't see why METV would be excluded.

A long walk this morning took me down to immigration where I took these pics which may help, or may confuse you even more!

immi 01.jpg

immi 02.jpg

immi 03.jpg

The guy I was with planned to go in to pick up forms for a future requirement so I thought I'd ask while in there, but we were there before opening time and got chased away and told to join a queue.  There were about 20 folk waiting on the left of the carpark and maybe 10 on the right.  I think (but happy to be corrected) that the right hand side is for Covid extensions and the left is for regular business.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

49 minutes ago, KWA said:

A long walk this morning took me down to immigration where I took these pics which may help, or may confuse you even more!

immi 01.jpg

immi 02.jpg

immi 03.jpg

The guy I was with planned to go in to pick up forms for a future requirement so I thought I'd ask while in there, but we were there before opening time and got chased away and told to join a queue.  There were about 20 folk waiting on the left of the carpark and maybe 10 on the right.  I think (but happy to be corrected) that the right hand side is for Covid extensions and the left is for regular business.

Cheers, I think the easiest thing for me to do is just go to immigration and see what they say. 

2 minutes ago, Murchie said:

Cheers, I think the easiest thing for me to do is just go to immigration and see what they say. 

Probably right as I wouldn't trust my own interpretation of all I read.  Take your passport and anything else you can think of that might be needed and with a bit of luck you won't have to go back for a while.

• Like 2

I foresee a nice challenge there: 

Aliens must leave the Kingdom within 7 days from the reopening date of the border checkpoints.

I'd say it might be a bit hard to get (or change) a ticket to leave within that time frame as other countries may not have reopened their border checkpoints at that time. Besides that, the number of flights (and seats) will initially be a bit limited as airlines will need time to start up again. And while an overland route to continental Europe is within the realms of the theoretically possible, it isn't really within the realms the realistically possible, even if all borders checkpoints along the way are open.

20 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

I foresee a nice challenge there: 

I'd say it might be a bit hard to get (or change) a ticket to leave within that time frame as other countries may not have reopened their border checkpoints at that time. Besides that, the number of flights (and seats) will initially be a bit limited as airlines will need time to start up again. And while an overland route to continental Europe is within the realms of the theoretically possible, it isn't really within the realms the realistically possible, even if all borders checkpoints along the way are open.

That's only for those with Border Passes which is what those from neighbouring countries can get without a passport.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 7:10 PM, Murchie said:

its not automatically extended for 30 days.  its auto extended to 30 april.  on or before then they are expected to announce a further perhaps 30 days.  right now u re goo to the 30th april

• Great Info 1