Big Snake & Other XL Creatures

lazarus

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have heard, "never fcuk with a moose" before. I will take their advice.

One of the worst animals to hit with your car, as not only do they grow very large but they also have long legs which means that their bodies are above the hood line of most cars so they'll usually end up coming up over the hood and through your windshield with disastrous results for the occupant(s)...

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

One of the worst animals to hit with your car, as not only do they grow very large but they also have long legs which means that their bodies are above the hood line of most cars so they'll usually end up coming up over the hood and through your windshield with disastrous results for the occupant(s)...

Good point. In my area we often would have many deer v. car accidents. Usually the deer would be thrown off to the side, or completely get run over, or fly up into/through the windshield. 

Once worked a case where this happened. The driver was d.o.a.

35 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

In Africa more people killed by Hippo's than Lions.

I once met a farang woman at a Koh Lanta beach bar. She told me a sad story about her husband being killed by a hippo in Africa while they were on their honeymoon. I was prone to believe as she was not Thai. 😉

. . .

This is a crazy hippo story...

Edited by lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hope some of you guys are able to enjoy this.... I sure am.

Who knows what the next year will present for each of us ? Most likely a mixture of good and bad, as is the case every year. Regardless of what may or may not happen in your lives, try to soak as much in as you can. 

Best wishes to you all. Even that one guy who's an idiot.   😛

Not so big - but deadly -

‘Really dangerous’: Deadly snake holds up play during Thiem’s match in Brisbane

Former US Open champion Dominic Thiem had to battle two Australian opponents in the first round of qualifying for the Brisbane International after a deadly snake forced a suspension of play.

The former world No.3 was taking on Australian youngster James McCabe on Saturday.

Security staff were called in, and the umpire had to temporarily stop play when the snake slithered onto the court.

A snake catcher eventually captured the deadly 50-centimetre eastern brown, and removed it from the venue, allowing play to resume.

The brown snake is considered the world’s second-most venomous land snake.

Thiem said. “But they said it was a really poisonous snake and it was close to the ball kids, so it was a really dangerous situation.

62f9aa26a67d57d3142f58649dd3ef9007bbf6d5

SMH

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/deadly-snake-puts-play-on-hold-in-thiem-match-in-brisbane-20231230-p5eube.html

• Surprised 4

We were out doing a recce this morning for an upcoming hash run when we spotted the snake pictured below on trail. Looked it up and it's a copperhead rat snake.

This guy definitely didn't like having its picture taken. After I snapped off a couple of pics it reared its head up and started moving towards us, ready to strike. Scared the bejesus out of us and after the fact had a good laugh as we were stumbling over each not to be the last one to get out its striking distance.

PC310004.jpg

PC310004_cr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

We were out doing a recce this morning for an upcoming hash run when we spotted the snake pictured below on trail. Looked it up and it's a copperhead rat snake.

This guy definitely didn't like having its picture taken. After I snapped off a couple of pics it reared its head up and started moving towards us, ready to strike. Scared the bejesus out of us and after the fact had a good laugh as we were stumbling over each not to be the last one to get out its striking distance.

PC310004.jpg

PC310004_cr.jpg

I have had two cobra (little guys) interactions within the past six months or so. In both incidents it was more about them getting away from me (fast moving bicycle). 

I was not frightened but was amazed at how quickly they moved. 

The incidents left an impression in my brain. It reinforced the understanding of how quick they are.

If a big one like that was coming at me pissed off I would certainly shit myself.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Geeezus Mother of Dog !    Snakes give me the creeps. Big spiders can cause me to go into convulsions.

Thanks for fcuking up the last day of the year for me. You bastard !

😵‍💫

• Haha 4