Introduce yourself to the Forum

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

WTTB, I lived in Hua Hin for 4 years, one of my favourite places on the planet. Enjoy the forum.

Was that before or after pompous arseholes replaced normal people..??

Y'know the ones - They don't have sex, they certainly don't go to bars, will only eat food if it is awfully expensive  and only seek out "buy two but only get one" special offers.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, Dread said:

Hello Dread here

Went to Thailand 3 years ago and am heading back in May. 

Welcome to the forum, May is my preferred time to visit as well, in fact between May and late October.

there's some great guys here with a wealth of knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , been visiting Thailand for the past 5 years but my first visit was 35 years ago in Phuket .

Stayed here back in 2017 for around 6 months . Will be returning again 2022 and possibly for several years this time .

Single & retired , hobbies staying fit & healthy Hiking , gym etc .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Toohp said:

Hi , been visiting Thailand for the past 5 years but my first visit was 35 years ago in Phuket .

Stayed here back in 2017 for around 6 months . Will be returning again 2022 and possibly for several years this time .

Single & retired , hobbies staying fit & healthy Hiking , gym etc .

Welcome and enjoy!

We lived 10 years in Thailand, moved to Germany 2009 and want to move back to Thailand now.

My wife (Thai, 51 year old) is holding a Thai Bachelor in Economics and has been working during the last years in a German Hospital as certified Nurse, after education in Germany. She is specialized on caring for old people and wound-care.

Now we are thinking of going back to Thailand because I am retired now and would like to move.

Does anybody know if her education in Germany could allow her to open a private healthcare business, and is there any need in the northern part of Thailand to treat German / English-Speaking older people?

Is there any interest for older people to relocate to a nice place in northern Thailand to be taken care by a German educated nurse? We could provide nice new built housing with modern equipment and standard, cause we are planning to build a new house, if we move.

• Like 1

Married to a Thai almost 10 years now - we lived in Chiang Mai and Bangkok - we now live in QLD Australia. Plan to move full-time to Thailand in a few years - not sure where yet. Not Chiang Mai - too much smoke. We both play golf and like to travel and love Thailand especially the food and the people (not the politicians/wealthy).

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 7:52 PM, Superflybike said:

We lived 10 years in Thailand, moved to Germany 2009 and want to move back to Thailand now.

My wife (Thai, 51 year old) is holding a Thai Bachelor in Economics and has been working during the last years in a German Hospital as certified Nurse, after education in Germany. She is specialized on caring for old people and wound-care.

Now we are thinking of going back to Thailand because I am retired now and would like to move.

Does anybody know if her education in Germany could allow her to open a private healthcare business, and is there any need in the northern part of Thailand to treat German / English-Speaking older people?

Is there any interest for older people to relocate to a nice place in northern Thailand to be taken care by a German educated nurse? We could provide nice new built housing with modern equipment and standard, cause we are planning to build a new house, if we move.

Welcome, you might be better off starting a thread in the main forum section with the above questions,  it may get more views.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, AussieBob said:

Married to a Thai almost 10 years now - we lived in Chiang Mai and Bangkok - we now live in QLD Australia. Plan to move full-time to Thailand in a few years - not sure where yet. Not Chiang Mai - too much smoke. We both play golf and like to travel and love Thailand especially the food and the people (not the politicians/wealthy).

1 hour ago, Noble Design said:

Hi all, nice to join this forum. I have been staying in Thailand for almost 5 years, married to a Thai for almost 2 years and just had a baby. 

Welcome and enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, Superflybike said:

This vid might be of interest:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, blueEdx0218 said:

Hello,

I'm new here on the forum. I'm half-Thai and half-American. So, I was born and lived in Thailand. I also lived in the US for a few years too. I joined this forum as a way to ask questions I'm unclear about and connect with people.

Welcome and enjoy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:41 AM, blueEdx0218 said:

Hello,

I'm new here on the forum. I'm half-Thai and half-American. So, I was born and lived in Thailand. I also lived in the US for a few years too. I joined this forum as a way to ask questions I'm unclear about and connect with people.

Hello, welcome to T247, we're a friendly bunch so ask away.

11 hours ago, GeordieGers said:

Hi folks take it easy on this fresher, I'm thinking of visiting Thailand,I think I've worn my Mexico T shirt out and will have lots of questions.

We're here to help my friend. Welcome to the forum and ask away.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am planning to travel the world and am looking for business related contacts in Thailand and other countries. I have family in Thailand but I don't know much about them or where they live. I was born in Thailand but grew up in America. I will be posting a thread asking about finance and business in Thailand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...