Funny Stuff

Glasseye

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/1/2024 at 9:11 PM, Glasseye said:

I decide to go to a nearby bar. The place was packed. Everyone of those mother fcukers in the place were wearing cowboy hats and belt buckles the size of a wall clock. It was like being on another planet. I had two beers and got the fcuk out of there.

I lived in Fort Bend county, Texas, which has a climate only slightly cooler than Rayong, Thailand.  Same seasons, too.  A wide brimmed hat is pretty useful in that part of the world when you're outside.  The  big belt buckle thing sounds more like folks playing dress up in a country-western bar.

So, from that part of the world, the Okies call us Baja Oklahoma and we say the only thing keeping Texas from floating away in the gulf of Mexico is Oklahoma sux so much.  You will get a ticket if you drive through that state or Lousy-anna with Texas plates.

3 minutes ago, tko said:

I lived in Fort Bend county, Texas, which has a climate only slightly cooler than Rayong, Thailand.  Same seasons, too.  A wide brimmed hat is pretty useful in that part of the world when you're outside.  The  big belt buckle thing sounds more like folks playing dress up in a country-western bar.

So, from that part of the world, the Okies call us Baja Oklahoma and we say the only thing keeping Texas from floating away in the gulf of Mexico is Oklahoma sux so much.  You will get a ticket if you drive through that state or Lousy-anna with Texas plates.

5555555555555555 !

Try driving through Eastern Ark. and then into Ok. some time. A real "eye opener".   

My dad was born in Fort Bend Ind. (Cnutland). 

Fort Bend Tejas anywhere near Fort Bliss ?

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Sorry to hear that. My sister lived in Houston for over 20 years. Giant Cluster. No offense.

None taken.  That's why we lived next county over.  We only entered Houston occasionally.  The aquarium was good, and Wat Buddhavas (Thai temple) was officially in Houston but way to the NW in a basically rural area.  When we went to the sea we drove south around Houston.

We lived in New Territory, Fort Bend, TX.  It was eventually annexed by the city of Sugar Land.  Great fun in Thailand when a girl tells you that you have a "sweet mouth" (bak wan) and you can show her your driver's license says you're from Sugar Land.

Anyway, where we lived was immaculate and pretty affluent.  I agree with your assessment of Houston.

I live about 50 km from the American border…so obviously I get the 4 major US affiliates. Was channel surfing just now and the 5:00 news caught my eye with this…..thought to myself “hey that’s a beautiful forecast for January eh” 

Stupid me, Fahrenheit not C

IMG_0375.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

From FB:

Military & Gaming Skills FunFacts:
There have been reports of the military expressing interest in individuals with certain video gaming skills, particularly those that may be applicable to modern warfare technologies. The idea is that individuals with proficiency in video games may have skills such as hand-eye coordination, strategic thinking, and familiarity with technology that could be beneficial in certain military roles.

However, it's important to note that recruiting decisions are multifaceted and consider a variety of factors beyond gaming skills. Military requirements can vary, and the focus is often on a combination of physical fitness, cognitive abilities, and other specific skills relevant to the roles in question.

419128120_10159260838186431_2654208323694469605_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/gregory.mancuso.98

43 minutes ago, lazarus said:

From FB:

Military & Gaming Skills FunFacts:
There have been reports of the military expressing interest in individuals with certain video gaming skills, particularly those that may be applicable to modern warfare technologies. The idea is that individuals with proficiency in video games may have skills such as hand-eye coordination, strategic thinking, and familiarity with technology that could be beneficial in certain military roles.

However, it's important to note that recruiting decisions are multifaceted and consider a variety of factors beyond gaming skills. Military requirements can vary, and the focus is often on a combination of physical fitness, cognitive abilities, and other specific skills relevant to the roles in question.

419128120_10159260838186431_2654208323694469605_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/gregory.mancuso.98

LOL... I once mentioned a story in a thread here about winning an informal skeet shooting competition with a Remington. I had very limited prior training with a shotgun, up against others who shot regularly.

Later thinking about it. The ability was related to eye hand coordination. Probably developed when I was younger swinging at baseballs and gun shooting pinball type games (Submarine shooting game was my favorite).

• Thumbs Up 1