What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

10 hours ago, fygjam said:

Second practice run making ANZAC biscuits.

First run had too much butter so they all slumped and ran into each other. Ended up with one big slab of biscuit.

Tasted ok though.

image.png

(Not mine, file photo).

Mine. Slump factor corrected, just a bit more mix per biscuit to fatten them up a bit.

image.png

They look great, I love biscuits, but have to keep away from them to maintain my figure!

• Haha 1

Been a productive day. 2 mates came round at 10am to carry what was left of my cross trainer down stairs and put it in my front garden. They also carried down an old CRT 32 inch TV which weighed a fair bit too and put it on the back seat of my car. A few Freeview boxes were cleared out too.

Then it was off to the pub to treat them to a fry up.

To off set the extra calories I did my 3 mile walk in the glorious sunshine after. Back home I found the local scrap guy had picked up the cross trainer already. The local tip was still open so I drove over and got rid of the TV and the boxes. The kind men even lifted it out for me. 😃

Pleased with my day so far I have treated myself to an afternoon of watching the World Championship snooker. Ronnie is playing Gilbert, tough start for him.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have been following the progress of my Lotus' "Next Day Delivery" using the tracking on their website. It really is quite good as it shows each stage of the order.

Unfortunately they appear to have changed a kilo of pig's liver to 6 small banana cakes. Also it seems that whichever superstore is picking the items doesn't stock any garlic...

Previously with Tesco orders they would phone to discuss changes to the order....Perhaps they will call later ....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

They look great, I love biscuits, but have to keep away from them to maintain my figure!

Special occasion. Next Sunday I'll head over to one of my siblings' place along with the other siblings, wives, husbands, partners, offspring and assorted extras for a nosh-up. By tradition we all bring a contribution to the food prepared with our own fair hands. By popular request demand I'll be doing my signature crispy pork belly with sticky rice and a Thai style dipping sauce (lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, chili, garlic and coriander).

The following day (Monday) is ANZAC day, commemorated with a dawn service, a game of two-up and ANZAC biscuits. From March onward ANZAC biscuits along with chocolate eggs and rabbits (commemorating some other event) start appearing on supermarket shelves. But in line with tradition I thought I'd make my own but a practice run was in order.

I've got it nailed!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unpacking too - long weekend in Hua Hin over with and staying local until I'm hopefully back in the UK in just over 2 weeks.

For those that enjoy Hua Hin and Pattaya, the non-stop Roong Reuang bus service linking the two resumes tomorrow, the 18th April.  I had to change at BKK in both directions.

• Great Info 4

43 minutes ago, john luke said:

Returned from a pleasant drive into North Yorkshire.

I have no idea how many times or how long your missus has been to Yorkshire (None of my business really)  but my experience with each of my TWs in UK was that they were both underwhelmed with the general scenery. Things that I was proud of they were completely indifferent to!

What they found different was the following:-

- Sheep (In Africa they loved baby goats)

- The transition into Autumn in the New Forest (and of course the ponies). But each were brought to tears at the beauty of the daily change in the colours driving through the back roads..

- Bizarrely they were both fascinated to see chestnut tress. Showing them the difference, playing conkers with horse chestnuts (not for the weak hearted) and collecting sweet chestnuts off the forest floor, opening, cooking and eating them.

I am so bloody proud of the different scenery around Britain but it is more entertaining to see it through their eyes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have no idea how many times or how long your missus has been to Yorkshire (None of my business really)  but my experience with each of my TWs in UK was that they were both underwhelmed with the general scenery. Things that I was proud of they were completely indifferent to!

What they found different was the following:-

- Sheep (In Africa they loved baby goats)

- The transition into Autumn in the New Forest (and of course the ponies). But each were brought to tears at the beauty of the daily change in the colours driving through the back roads..

- Bizarrely they were both fascinated to see chestnut tress. Showing them the difference, playing conkers with horse chestnuts (not for the weak hearted) and collecting sweet chestnuts off the forest floor, opening, cooking and eating them.

I am so bloody proud of the different scenery around Britain but it is more entertaining to see it through their eyes.

This is her first visit to UK and we have been here 18 days.  She appears to like the general scenery, but at the moment it is cold, (or perhaps more accurately cold relative to Thailand); today's temperatures is 17 degrees and yesterday 18 degrees.  These have been the two warmest days since we got here.  

My thoughts are that status is important in that most of her photographs are selfies with features in the background.

1 minute ago, john luke said:

This is her first visit to UK and we have been here 18 days.  She appears to like the general scenery, but at the moment it is cold, (or perhaps more accurately cold relative to Thailand); today's temperatures is 17 degrees and yesterday 18 degrees.  These have been the two warmest days since we got here.  

My thoughts are that status is important in that most of her photographs are selfies with features in the background.

Has she taken selfies with a housing estate in the back ground yet? .....She will.....she will!!

• Haha 1

Just did the beer run to 7-Eleven. Watching "Band of Brothers", and can not help but noticing that I used to wear that equipment during my basic training... Norway did suck on the titty of "The Marshall Plan" for quite some time...

• Like 1

I'm sitting here smugly watching the sun trying to break through the thin clouds outside - we'd been threatened with 2-4cm of snow overnight but happily it all fell some distance south of us and the rest of the week doesn't look bad, with things getting considerably warmer a few days from now - spring is finally on its way! It's an old mate's birthday today so it'll be off to a pub or two to celebrate later....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3