What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

13 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Used to go there all the time years ago, but then it started getting rammed with Russians and Chinese so didn't bother anymore.

Same same the Naklua seafood market that developed from an excellent place to buy seafood to a tourist attraction!

Having said that , it was an excellent place to buy spuds years ago before Big C, Tesco Lotus and Makro  hit Isaan..!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Used to go there all the time years ago, but then it started getting rammed with Russians and Chinese so didn't bother anymore.

We’ve been twice the last few days and it’s pretty much Thai, a few of us Brits and smattering of Chinese. 

really enjoyed it as never been before. Get there at 10 hire a bike and mooch to different beaches back at 5 knackered and tanned. 

779292EC-422D-49F2-B7EF-50B37AC38096.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, AJSP said:

We’ve been twice the last few days and it’s pretty much Thai, a few of us Brits and smattering of Chinese. 

really enjoyed it as never been before. Get there at 10 hire a bike and mooch to different beaches back at 5 knackered and tanned. 

779292EC-422D-49F2-B7EF-50B37AC38096.jpeg

Used to be fairly quiet years ago, ferry wasn't heaving, and beaches not too busy. Then it was getting on my tit's. Started spending more time at Jomtiem or Wongamat beaches.

Did like going there though, cheap day out.

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

Confused John. Last night's draw was another lucky dip for 2 numbers; you mentioned you got £5 as well hence my confusion.

It was a "special" draw where they had to pay out the jackpot amount even if no-one got 6 numbers.  If this happens the jackpot amount gets spread between lower prize winners.  I suspect that's where the extra fiver came from.

Tonight is something a little bit different for National Lottery Lotto players - the jackpot must be won, even if no one matches all six main numbers.

If no one wins by matching the six main numbers, the jackpot will be shared by players matching two or more main numbers - which will means everyone who wins will get a boosted cash prize.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-lotto-results-saturdays-winning-26676487

5 minutes ago, KWA said:

It was a "special" draw where they had to pay out the jackpot amount even if no-one got 6 numbers.  If this happens the jackpot amount gets spread between lower prize winners.  I suspect that's where the extra fiver came from.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-lotto-results-saturdays-winning-26676487

I am still confused as I checked the results and the pay out and it just shows the breakdown as expected for a normal LOTTO draw, it shows no one won but the breakdown has not filtered down, it shows a lucky dip ticket for those with 2 numbers.

I have won a lucky dip on 2 numbers with a fiver as a bonus but that didn't seem to be the case last night. There again if John got an extra fiver the Camelot results checker must be incorrect.

Lotto 09 April.png

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I am still confused as I checked the results and the pay out and it just shows the breakdown as expected for a normal LOTTO draw, it shows no one won but the breakdown has not filtered down, it shows a lucky dip ticket for those with 2 numbers.

I have won a lucky dip on 2 numbers with a fiver as a bonus but that didn't seem to be the case last night. There again if John got an extra fiver the Camelot results checker must be incorrect.

Lotto 09 April.png

image.png

I am less certain now!  Will check my account on Monday.

4 hours ago, john luke said:

image.png

I am less certain now!  Will check my account on Monday.

It's just that my wife got 2 numbers and seems to be just getting a lucky dip. My info tells me it was not a 'shared down the tiers week'. Usually get to a quadruple rollover and if not won the next draw is a must pay out down the tiers.

Hope I am wrong John. We are not talking millions thankfully though.

Edited by Horizondave

Just trying to update all my sites on my new laptop. It seems to have Microsoft Edge as standard which I have never used before. Seems to dislike Google Chrome big time and stuff I had on my previous laptop seem to cause issue to load. Tried to download Google Chrome but got warned off and looking online it seems Microsoft Edge is better for me so just doing a bit of admin to make my experience more enjoyable.

Edited by Horizondave

4 hours ago, AJSP said:

Fancied a few hours out of the sun so headed out for a head shave and a spot of falang food at Nicky’s Soi buakhao

8BAE4B39-B8FF-4763-8711-E9D1F2D4DD9E.jpeg

28196E4E-C755-457B-A159-468177601CC0.jpeg

Can't believe you left there hungry!

Looks like they added fried bread to prop up the world's largest hash brown😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Can't believe you left there hungry!

Looks like they added fried bread to prop up the world's largest hash brown😄

Haha - my son was also present and yes, what a monster hash brown.

Apparently the fried bread was superb so I’m  told 😎

all that , two soft drinks and a cuppa was 420thb I think so represents good value for wholesome and flavoursome food

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cut the grass, trimmed the edges, repaired the split hose pipe, pumped some water out of the pond so the return water creates some oxygen and cleaned the filter foams.

Just had a delivery from 2 x world fly fishing champion, took the opportunity to get a few tips, as you would. LOL

Time for my daily stroll, hope to do 3 miles today, but am feeling quite tired, so we will see!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Cut the grass, trimmed the edges, repaired the split hose pipe, pumped some water out of the pond so the return water creates some oxygen and cleaned the filter foams.

Just had a delivery from 2 x world fly fishing champion, took the opportunity to get a few tips, as you would. LOL

Time for my daily stroll, hope to do 3 miles today, but am feeling quite tired, so we will see!

Stu, hey would you be interested in going fishing with this gal? I'm just asking! 

I am always here to help my friends from across the pond 😍

• Like 1