What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

13 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

My friend is there. And I've become somewhat attached with the place. I have always felt really good when I have been there. Can't explain beyond that.

A "connection" sounds great. I've known a few places that i just like and cannot explain why. I don't always follow my heart and return but still happy memories.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just bought a little treat for Jan as she loves these, so will take them to her shortly.

IMG_0723.jpeg

Just loved those marshmallow cakes as a kid as well as Wagon Wheels. Unfortunately WW’s are half the size they were back then. 
😡

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

That’s the thing about getting older, you start losing your loved ones.

Really sorry to hear that mate.

45 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

🙏

Absolute.

Yet the things we still enjoy on life that are still maningful become more profound, intense, and significant.

Which contributes to the hanging on (type of thing that you don't realize until later on you feel it, recognize). But, in the end when those things being to taper off.  That enables you to let go.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Absolute.

Yet the things we still enjoy on life that are still maningful become more profound, intense, and significant.

Which contributes to the hanging on (type of thing that you don't realize until later on you feel it, recognize). But, in the end when those things being to taper off.  That enables you to let go.

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Watching the darts .. Luke Littler playing, only 16 years old and storming ahead .... crowd are chanting " you've got school in the morning " 555 🎯

He may be 16, but he looks a lot older and his gut say 10 pints a night. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

This beautiful view just has to be spoilt. 

20231221_160153.jpg

20231221_160138.jpg

There wil always be the days where some fcukstick, from a fly to a terrorist can spoil your day.

I;ve always come from the angle.... that no matter where you are there will always be one fcuk up that can ruin things.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I donate a lot to charity, just gives you a good feeling. Gonna make a very big donation to the Princess Alice hospice in Esher when Jan passes. Discussing it with Jan and am looking at £25,000.

Maybe worth investigating whether it's worth spreading out your donation, so gift aid can be claimed ( an extra 25% from the government)  it all depends on how much tax you have paid 

https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid#:~:text=Your donations will qualify as,you stop paying enough tax.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Maybe worth investigating whether it's worth spreading out your donation, so gift aid can be claimed ( an extra 25% from the government)  it all depends on how much tax you have paid 

https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid#:~:text=Your donations will qualify as,you stop paying enough tax.

Can also donate clothes that are in good shape, artwork pieces, craft supplies, etc.    

*** Be ready for some pretty serious emotions when you give those that cared for you loved ones your thanks. I was so busted up that I couldn't even talk. I was a blubbering mess. But, they all understood. And the look in their eyes said everything.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1