Pattaya at the moment

Bazle

On 7/3/2023 at 6:28 PM, maipenrai said:

I found that the whole Xmas/NYE experience was just too much for me now at my age - too many people, too much noise and traffic, etc. - I think I paid one actual barfine in the three months I was there last trip and I can't remember the last time I took out a go-go girl so I don't really care what kind of silly prices they are charging now - let the high rollers have 'em; I don't think of myself as a cheap charlie but I want some value for my money - there won't be many 200b+ lady drinks in my future plans, I don't need to spend this kind of cash to have fun in Pattaya. 

Just realized I never had to deal with the madness of finding company on NYE…first trip I was home mid-December, other 2 I was up in Chiang Mai. Have heard it’s a real zoo that time of year……

I think we can both agree it will be never be as fun again as it was in the past, due to both our age AND inflation. Yes exchange rates fluctuate, things DO go up…While I love to save a dollar, I’m on vacation to enjoy myself and you only live once, but I don’t fly 24 hours each way to get ripped off either. $10 drinks just to observe with no guarantee of scoring, I can take a bus and Metro and have that at home in 45 minutes. 

Years ago, I envisioned retiring in Thailand for sure….It is still a great spot, don’t get me wrong, but doesn’t hold the appeal it once did for me. As long as my health continues to improve and I’m back to my old self, really see myself ending up in Colombia….Closer to home, cheaper(city dependent), female company much better value…..only thing is Chonburi is a Mecca of golf courses, but I wasn’t playing much anyway

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Traffic on Buakhao was heavy and moving slowly last night. Adding to the traffic congestion are the selfish Bolt drivers and passengers.

Sitting at Nikom last night I was gob smacked when I saw what I'm assuming was a Bolt stop in the middle of the intersection to let a passenger off.

I can guess how this came about. Traffic was moving slow, as it usually does, through the offset intersection when the passenger tells the driver she'll get out now and walk. Instead of waiting until they were clear of the intersection the driver stops and then the passenger takes her sweet time getting out, then slowly moves to and opens the back door to retrieve her bag. Amazing Thailand, not one horn was sounded during the time the car was blocking the intersection.

Soi Bucky is a cluster f**k. 

• Thumbs Up 1