Pattaya at the moment

Bazle

22 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Standing on my balcony watching some total idiot farang chucking buckets of water over passing motorbikes from a nearby bar.

I actually want to go and deck the fucking idiot.

Have you got a sniper rifle handy? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Have you got a sniper rifle handy? 😁

I wish I had. Absolute moron.

I've taken a video, which I zoomed as it's a couple of hundred yards away.

I really want some humungous farang to come along on a big bike and get squirted, get off and stick this twat's head in the big barrel he's filling his buckets from. Fucking have some of that.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Britboy said:

I wish I had. Absolute moron.

I've taken a video, which I zoomed as it's a couple of hundred yards away.

I really want some humungous farang to come along on a big bike and get squirted, get off and stick this twat's head in the big barrel he's filling his buckets from. Fucking have some of that.

I know exactly how you feel mate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Have you considered filling a bucket with dilute hydrochloric acid and pouring it over the c+nt and watch him melt? 🙂

Ahem...The shop at the end of Lengkee on the left sells acid. Go in the shop passed the cashier, go right and it is on the bottom shelf right in front of you .. It'll melt the fucker in seconds ... 79 baht of pure HORROR !!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

If you want to live vicariously through others and avoid the madness, here's a link to the I-Rovers live cam.

https://i-rovers.com/cam-sports-schedule/

One thing that stands out is how empty Billabong is when usually this time in the evening, 19:00, it would have a good crowd.

Would really like to hear from business owners how much their business suffers from the 9 days of Songkran "fun". No doubt the 7-11's and Family Marts are doing great business with take away beers, but as can be seen with Billabong, customers are scarce in the bars.

I also see a guy with one of the banned PVC water pipes. They're banned for good reason as a shot to the head can cause serious eye or ear damage.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

If you want to live vicariously through others and avoid the madness, here's a link to the I-Rovers live cam.

One thing that stands out is how empty Billabong is when usually this time in the evening, 19:00, it would have a good crowd.

Would really like to hear from business owners how much their business suffers from the 9 days of Songkran "fun". No doubt the 7-11's and Family Marts are doing great business with take away beers, but as can be seen with Billabong, customers are scarce in the bars.

I also see a guy with one of the banned PVC water pipes. They're banned for good reason as a shot to the head can cause serious eye or ear damage.

image.png

The blue water pipes have never gone away in Pattaya.....Yea, some years there has been a big push to get rid of them but they reappear like mushrooms if given the slightest opportunity.......Not a single year I have not seen them..

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, fforest said:

The blue water pipes have never gone away in Pattaya.....Yea, some years there has been a big push to get rid of them but they reappear like mushrooms if given the slightest opportunity.......Not a single year I have not seen them..

Fortunately their numbers have been greatly reduced. I also expect in the next day or two there will probably be a news splash (pun intended) about the BIB confiscating a few of the PVC pipes that are still out there.

As it is, I'll probably have a longer life by staying home as I wouldn't be shy about telling anyone who pointed one of those PVC pipes at me to fck off.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

image.png

Yeah, I was watching exactly the same iRovers video feed earlier  

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Still able to get my morning ride and/or walk in, so there is that. Pretty quiet on the water front this morning. Only a couple of places scattered around central Pattaya that had a few squirt guns out. Not much traffic so easy enough to divert into the oncoming lane to avoid those places.

Did see one old, shirtless, tatted up westerner with his Thai lady in tow on Buakhao trying to start fights by squirting into businesses as he walked by. Could hear his Thai lady asking him stop and his reply was "they can come out and make me". Nicely sums up the attitude of some towards others they share this world with.

The utter disrespect of some foreigners, and I include a huge number, sadly so, of my fellow Americans, with the above example, just pisses me off to no end. Some of these brain-dead idiots really need to be forcibly sent back on a plane to their home country and continue with their classless behavior there.

There are just some people who, by their actions and/or imbecilic behavior, as guests of another country, should have their passport revoked!

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

The utter disrespect of some foreigners, and I include a huge number, sadly so, of my fellow Americans, with the above example, just pisses me off to no end. Some of these brain-dead idiots really need to be forcibly sent back on a plane to their home country and continue with their classless behavior there.

There are just some people who, by their actions and/or imbecilic behavior, as guests of another country, should have their passport revoked!

I wonder whether many kf them even know or understand the relevance of the Thai ritual of Songkran, neither do they care. 

I suspect that they maybe the product of a deprived childhood.

I used to love water fights in the summer when I was a young child, but long since grown out of the excitement. 

I have avoided Songkran for years now, and it is the one time in the year that I will never visit 

For some male visitors in particular, I am sure it is an excuse to pretend they are in combat with the pipe being their weapon. 

I remember years ago being on beach road during Songkran and I was wearing some quite expensive prescription glasses. Some f*cking idiot sprayed me full in the face, knock my glasses off which then ended up under the wheels of a slow moving baht bus. 

My immediate reaction was to punch his lights out, but he was sitting at the back of a Pickup truck. 

Maybe if it were just for one or two days, it could be avoided, but it just drags on. Then there are still the idiots who want to drag it into the evenings. 

It doesn't surprise me that fights do break out. I decked a guy on the same trip, who sprayed me in the face whilst on my motorcycle, causing me to skid and come off. I  snapped his water pipe in half. His mate ran off. I am one of the least violent people, you could ever meet as well. But everyone has a snapping point when they feel assaulted.

I am older now and wouldn't be fit enough to do that again.  Another reason for never visiting during Songkran. Its a Thai festival, let them enjoy it, but not for me. I don't enjoy walking around soaked to the skin and having power rubbed on my face for a week. Call me a kill joy, but it's no joy as far as I am concerned.

It seems to be more the younger crowd that are the wankers and come specifically for Songkran. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Last night in Pattaya, wifey still in bed at 9:20am here. No water splashed on Walking Street at all. Was wondering about that. The only thing I had to worry about was the Cigarette Magician.....I kept a close eye on him, wanted to make sure he didn't try to "cop a feel" from wifey you know? Boy, would he have been disappointed!  She was not happy that I made her do this. I told her, If you love your  "Sami" you will do this for me so I can take pictures. Who needs Dr. Phil? 

Also if he burned a hole in her AC/DC shirt.....it cost me 150 baht....it would not have ended well for him LOL! 

Had a great time here for sure.....Pattaya still fun after all these years. 

Back to the hood in a few hours. 

IMG_3726.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Fortunately their numbers have been greatly reduced. I also expect in the next day or two there will probably be a news splash (pun intended) about the BIB confiscating a few of the PVC pipes that are still out there.

As it is, I'll probably have a longer life by staying home as I wouldn't be shy about telling anyone who pointed one of those PVC pipes at me to fck off.

I clicked onto a live vlog and there was a Thai guy selling them on Soi 7 555

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Last night in Pattaya, wifey still in bed at 9:20am here. No water splashed on Walking Street at all. Was wondering about that. The only thing I had to worry about was the Cigarette Magician.....I kept a close eye on him, wanted to make sure he didn't try to "cop a feel" from wifey you know? Boy, would he have been disappointed!  She was not happy that I made her do this. I told her, If you love your  "Sami" you will do this for me so I can take pictures. Who needs Dr. Phil? 

Also if he burned a hole in her AC/DC shirt.....it cost me 150 baht....it would not have ended well for him LOL! 

Had a great time here for sure.....Pattaya still fun after all these years. 

Back to the hood in a few hours. 

IMG_3726.jpg

she doesn't look impressed.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1