Pattaya at the moment

Bazle

Walking around Pattaya this afternoon, I got the impression that the place is quite quiet at the moment. 

There is supposed to be a huge number of Russians in the Kingdom, but sadly that was not evident from what I saw on the beach. 

I suspect Pattaya will be a lot more busy at the weekend, with the usual influx of Bankokians, and people coming for the Music Festival. 

I'd be interested in the thoughts of others who are here. 

4 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Walking around Pattaya this afternoon, I got the impression that the place is quite quiet at the moment. 

There is supposed to be a huge number of Russians in the Kingdom, but sadly that was not evident from what I saw on the beach. 

I suspect Pattaya will be a lot more busy at the weekend, with the usual influx of Bankokians, and people coming for the Music Festival. 

I'd be interested in the thoughts of others who are here. 

I was there a couple weeks ago.  It was the same.  The girls in the bars were commenting on it, too.  Often I'd walk into a bar or restaurant and be the only customer.  

I hear there are lots of Russians in Jomtiem and Phuket , there were a few in Samui 

massage girls have been telling me it's very quiet this week ....but I assume it's a lull before it picks up again over Easter and Songkran ... if I was still working, that when I would be looking to take holidays 

• Thumbs Up 1

but my hotel is pretty busy , someone was trying to get a late checkout yesterday and was told the hotel is full ... all the sun beds were taken around the pool , which is a very rare thing to see ( I've been using the same place on and off for the last 12 years ) 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Great Info 1

Although i'll not be in Pattaya, the more quiet in Thailand the better for me.

We'll be in Bangkok and Krabi mostly. Like said above i  thought they would be more busy with Easter and Songkran, though the wife says probably yes with tourists, but many Thai's leave and go home for Songkran, at least from Bangkok, and probably the same from Pattaya. 

Edited by Krapow

25 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I hear there are lots of Russians in Jomtiem and Phuket , there were a few in Samui 

massage girls have been telling me it's very quiet this week ....but I assume it's a lull before it picks up again over Easter and Songkran ... if I was still working, that when I would be looking to take holidays 

Agree, it's possibly quieter this week during the day, but I've put that partly down to the heat.  Still loads of Russians and Indians whenever I walk around. Went to Jomtien last week and couldn't move for Ruskies, baht buses were rammed with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

. . . . . but many Thai's leave and go home for Songkran, at least from Bangkok, and probably the same from Pattaya.

All trains heading upcountry out of Bangkok during Songkran already sold out.  SRT said this morning they're putting on another 10 trains (8,000 seats) to cope with demand.

• Great Info 2

Got an email from Pullman King Power earlier offering me a ''Discount' rate if we wanted to upgrade to Executive suite for when we arrive next week.

Maybe reading too much into it, but thinking perhaps they're not that busy, which would suit me.

I never took them up on it, as it was only for the 2 night stay for when we arrive, we'll be wrecked, main priority will be to stay awake to about 10pm or so if possible, from arriving at 3pm EVA flight, then sleep right through, hopefully adjust. Next day sort bank stuff, relax at pool, adjust again. Don't really care what the room looks like, it'll still be good, nor would be taking advantage of the 'free stuff' in the Executive Suite.

Now, when we fly back up from Karbi, stay there for another 6 nights, possibly do it then ...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

The wife and son nearly always arrive on the same EVA Air 3pm flight (booked for August this year) and her parents pick her up.
Unlike you, they are off on a regular journey to various night eateries all over BKK and don’t usually get home in Pathum Thani until way past midnight. 🤣
After 2 years of going cold turkey, she needs to stuff herself with dishes that she’s craved for, but couldn’t get here in UK. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/26/2023 at 2:25 AM, Yessongs said:

I will be in Pattaya April 9th -13th.

You'll catch the start of Songkran - was that deliberate or overlooked?

And if you're driving there is limited on-site parking at The Arbour but they have a couple of off-site areas they use which might be a pain for you.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, KWA said:

You'll catch the start of Songkran - was that deliberate or overlooked?

And if you're driving there is limited on-site parking at The Arbour but they have a couple of off-site areas they use which might be a pain for you.

Was under the impression Songkran in Pattaya started April 15th??  What ever, we go with the flow these days. 

Yeah the valet parks your car elsewhere, it's OK  for me. 

Thanks for the input...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/26/2023 at 8:25 AM, Yessongs said:

I've heard nothing but good things about the Arbour Hotel. The start of its construction was the genesis for this new topic back in 2019.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Was under the impression Songkran in Pattaya started April 15th??  What ever, we go with the flow these days. 

Yeah the valet parks your car elsewhere, it's OK  for me. 

Thanks for the input...

Pattaya does Songkran for a painfully long time from the 12th - 19th April.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I would appreciate it if you would credit the source for your photo.

I got it from Twitter just now..I thought it was current.... I never want to use another of Johns's photos again and if I did it was an accident...So its removed..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

I got it from Twitter just now..I thought it was current.... I never want to use another of Johns's photos again and if I did it was an accident...So its removed..

Thanks. Actually it was one of my photos that I had posted in the topic John started. Wonder now who grabbed the photo and posted to Twitter. Chiang Fai maybe as he's been known to do that in the past.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Thanks. Not surprised. I'll check with the mods to see if there's a way to block him.

I doubt that will be possible, as he could be anyone here, the only chance you have is to post at a higher level, but that doesn't necessarily protect you!

Even if the latest software records who downloads pictures, it's impossible to stop a screen shot/grab of the picture.

Annoying I know, but anything you post on the internet these days is fair game to these types unfortunately.

• Like 4