coldplay to play bkk on 3rd feb 2024

thunder367

Let me weigh in with what I went through this morning to try to get tickets to this concert. Have been to many concerts here over the years, always had no problem with Thai Ticket Major until today. The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Queen, Bruno Mars, Celine Dion and most recently Bryan Adams to name a few. Have been a VIP with Live Nation for a while now. Ok, so this morning at 9:00am I log on, which then takes you to Thai Ticket Major to ACTUALLY purchase the seats you want right? I am in the “Queue” just like Stillearly was. OK so at 10:13 am local time here, I am now told that any minute I will be able to buy tickets. Boom…I am in. Now mind you, this is 10:13 am local time here. 13 minutes supposedly after being in the “Queue” and now ready to make my purchase. I am flabbergasted at the amount of tickets available 13 minutes after they are supposedly available to all. 

Basically let me cut to the chase……there are NO 2 seats available together at ANY price range, any section or anywhere except standing room only! Now I realize that Coldplay is popular across the world but….there is something wrong for sure. Of course this is Thailand and….Thai Ticket major actually SHOWED 2 tickets together and when you pressed on those seats, you got the message “Sorry these are already taken” So before you even ask “Why are they showing available if they are well…..not available”  I told wifey there are seats available like you would sit behind me, so she said “Ok go for it” I did, click on 1 seat, then the one that shows available right behind me says guess what?  Yep, this seat is not available. God only knows what is going on. 

A few things come to mind here, the way I see it. Unfortunately they do have to lose, I would say 20k seats due to the stadium having to have the stage in the middle of the facility. So supposedly this stadium says capacity of 52k, if obviously used for Soccer. Ok, they also did let those who were fortunate to get tickets, to buy 6 and usually it is 4. But I still find it almost unbelievable that let’s say, 30k seats are sold in 13 minutes? Really? I smell a rat..

So wifey is livid, she calls Thai Ticket Major, they tell her “Oh, that is because today Live Nation pre-sale had priority, try tomorrow when you go directly into Thai Ticket Major web-site and there should be tickets on that web-site????  Now, again this is Thailand so expect that no common sense will be used. I would NOT be surprised that tomorrow when I go directly into Thai Ticket Major, there are tickets in all sections available?  Only Buddha knows LOL! 

OK I am going to stick my neck out on a limb here and say that there will be NO tickets available tomorrow either. I will also predict that a second show will be added on Sunday and we will get tickets to that one, when they announce the date tickets will be available.

If Singapore gets 4 stadium shows, Bangkok should get 2….we’ll see. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I just tried as well , I wanted the pink section , every time I clicked on a seat it had already gone apparently ... will have to spend my THB 8k somewhere else 

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

always had no problem with Thai Ticket Major until today.

I've just spoken to my daughter and she confirmed that she bought her ticket OK using ThaiTicketMajor,com 

No idea what the glitch is ...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/19/2023 at 11:05 AM, Yessongs said:

Let me weigh in with what I went through this morning to try to get tickets to this concert. Have been to many concerts here over the years, always had no problem with Thai Ticket Major until today. The Eagles, Eric Clapton, Queen, Bruno Mars, Celine Dion and most recently Bryan Adams to name a few. Have been a VIP with Live Nation for a while now. Ok, so this morning at 9:00am I log on, which then takes you to Thai Ticket Major to ACTUALLY purchase the seats you want right? I am in the “Queue” just like Stillearly was. OK so at 10:13 am local time here, I am now told that any minute I will be able to buy tickets. Boom…I am in. Now mind you, this is 10:13 am local time here. 13 minutes supposedly after being in the “Queue” and now ready to make my purchase. I am flabbergasted at the amount of tickets available 13 minutes after they are supposedly available to all. 

Basically let me cut to the chase……there are NO 2 seats available together at ANY price range, any section or anywhere except standing room only! Now I realize that Coldplay is popular across the world but….there is something wrong for sure. Of course this is Thailand and….Thai Ticket major actually SHOWED 2 tickets together and when you pressed on those seats, you got the message “Sorry these are already taken” So before you even ask “Why are they showing available if they are well…..not available”  I told wifey there are seats available like you would sit behind me, so she said “Ok go for it” I did, click on 1 seat, then the one that shows available right behind me says guess what?  Yep, this seat is not available. God only knows what is going on. 

A few things come to mind here, the way I see it. Unfortunately they do have to lose, I would say 20k seats due to the stadium having to have the stage in the middle of the facility. So supposedly this stadium says capacity of 52k, if obviously used for Soccer. Ok, they also did let those who were fortunate to get tickets, to buy 6 and usually it is 4. But I still find it almost unbelievable that let’s say, 30k seats are sold in 13 minutes? Really? I smell a rat..

So wifey is livid, she calls Thai Ticket Major, they tell her “Oh, that is because today Live Nation pre-sale had priority, try tomorrow when you go directly into Thai Ticket Major web-site and there should be tickets on that web-site????  Now, again this is Thailand so expect that no common sense will be used. I would NOT be surprised that tomorrow when I go directly into Thai Ticket Major, there are tickets in all sections available?  Only Buddha knows LOL! 

OK I am going to stick my neck out on a limb here and say that there will be NO tickets available tomorrow either. I will also predict that a second show will be added on Sunday and we will get tickets to that one, when they announce the date tickets will be available.

If Singapore gets 4 stadium shows, Bangkok should get 2….we’ll see. 

What they told you was half true even in U.K anyway .

I get 02 priority , but rarely use it .

They release a certain amount and then the general sale the day after or hwtaever there are loads more released.

Ticketmaster also buy a load up as well as scalpers to sell at a higher price.

Over here (not sure about Thailand) I use Twickets a lot it's a site for fans who can't make the date for whatever reason they sell at face value and a lot of the time under face value too ..

Mostly now with digital tickets it's a piece of piss , pay and two mins later you have the ticket downloaded to your phone.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, roomark said:

What they told you was half true even in U.K anyway .

I get 02 priority , but rarely use it .

They release a certain amount and then the general sale the day after or hwtaever there are loads more released.

Ticketmaster also buy a load up as well as scalpers to sell at a higher price.

Over here (not sure about Thailand) I use Twickets a lot it's a site for fans who can't make the date for whatever reason they sell at face value and a lot of the time under face value too ..

Mostly now with digital tickets it's a piece of piss , pay and two mins later you have the ticket downloaded to your phone.

Thanks Roomark, yeah it's tough sometimes, I just had no idea how popular Coldplay is across the world!  So the next day went to "Thai Ticket Major"  No seats at all, very few available, just as I thought. It's cool....so the good news is they have added a second show here, that will go on sale this Friday. Wifey and I will get in "the queue" at 9:00am and see what happens. I suspect we will be successful this time no doubt. 

Just as a side note, they added 2 more shows in Singapore at the National Stadium and those both sold out too in 29 minutes??   6 Stadium shows in Singapore now? Crazy.... I also read on line, not sure about the actual web-site that Coldplay now holds the record for most stadium shows that are sold out across the world. Not Led Zeppelin, The Stones, or any other group or band. If that is true, got to give it up to these guys, pretty impressive really. 

Maybe part of the problem is too, that they have not played here since April 2017. 

gate-is-open.jpeg

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well.....it's official, I am going to see Coldplay Feb 4th....10 minute queue for the 2nd show. Just finished up. 

This better be good LOL!  Singapore is now getting 6 stadium shows...all sold out. Truly amazing. 

Section E1H  seats 9/10. 

Livenation ( the promoters) are loving this, they get your money for 6 months, the interest alone should be a big upside for them. 

Nice one Mike.

Next gig for me is a Motörhead tribute band in Reading next Friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well.....it's official, I am going to see Coldplay Feb 4th....10 minute queue for the 2nd show. Just finished up. 

This better be good LOL!  Singapore is now getting 6 stadium shows...all sold out. Truly amazing. 

Section E1H  seats 9/10. 

Livenation ( the promoters) are loving this, they get your money for 6 months, the interest alone should be a big upside for them. 

I don't like Coldplay's music - never have. Why they are so popular is beyond me.

Went to the Singapore GP years ago and as I  recall they played after the Race finished. The stage was right opposite the balcony of the Hotel we watched the race but right at the far end of a huge field. So no additional cost to us but I cannot recall if we heard much.

• Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I don't like Coldplay's music - never have. Why they are so popular is beyond me.

Went to the Singapore GP years ago and as I  recall they played after the Race finished. The stage was right opposite the balcony of the Hotel we watched the race but right at the far end of a huge field. So no additional cost to us but I cannot recall if we heard much.

I can't even recall one of their songs. 

I guess it's like video games and mosh pits. I just missed the boat on them.

I also get them mixed up with Green Day.

Now they have a few songs I really like, especially this one -

• Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I can't even recall one of their songs. 

I guess it's like video games and mosh pits. I just missed the boat on them.

I also get them mixed up with Green Day.

Now they have a few songs I really like, especially this one -

Could not agree more!

• 2 weeks later...