Hotel recommendations

Homor

Hi 

I’m think of going to Thailand in October and is looking for hotel recommendations for Bangkok . 
I usually say in dynasty grande but reports have not being good so far after reopening .

I would like to stay in that area . Can anyone recommend a good hotel 

• Surprised 2

53 minutes ago, Homor said:

Hi 

I’m think of going to Thailand in October and is looking for hotel recommendations for Bangkok . 
I usually say in dynasty grande but reports have not being good so far after reopening .

I would like to stay in that area . Can anyone recommend a good hotel 

I stayed 3 nights in Dynasty grand last trip and thought it was very good. I was in the back building. 

I also enjoyed my stay in the Galleria soi 10 as mentioned above too.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I stayed 3 nights in Dynasty grand last trip and thought it was very good. I was in the back building. 

I stayed there in March, also in the back building. Very satisfactory from my point of view, although it would have been nice to have had a restaurant there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

I stayed there in March, also in the back building. Very satisfactory from my point of view, although it would have been nice to have had a restaurant there.

I hardly ever eat at the hotel, sleep too late for breakfast and so many good places to eat dinner near by, so wasn't aware if they had a restaurant or not. Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I hardly ever eat at the hotel, sleep too late for breakfast and so many good places to eat dinner near by, so wasn't aware if they had a restaurant or not. Lol

Same with me, I've been staying there for years and don't think I ever ate in the restaurant - I never eat where I stay, I'd much rather go out somewhere quiet later than partake in the  usual busy morning buffets. The restaurant space is still there in the DG so maybe they'll get it going or lease it out to someone else.

• Like 1

Another vote for the DG from me.

The rooms in the older back building are my preference as quiter and away from the main drag. Which rooms they are isn't made clear on booking, 

Top tip, the rooms that are described as Grand in the room name, are the  in the new building and are the ones that can be on Soi 4 and therefore with traffic noise, I personally avoid booking them.

I hate hotel breakfasts and never bother with them, so their absence doesn't phase me as there's food everywhere in that part of town.

But sure many of the hotels that @Stillearly mentioned will be just fine.

One of the joys of Thailand that hasn't changed compared to the UK is the choice of great hotels for every budget.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

I hate hotel breakfasts and never bother with them, so their absence doesn't phase me as there's food everywhere in that part of town.

f**k sake, that's my favourite part of the holiday, fighting with the Chinese at Breakfast!

• Haha 5

Whitehous Condotel is a super place, very well located on Soi 13, great staff. Fanatatic brekkie incluced wiht fee, well worth it if you get up before 11.

Place is run by one of the best blokes I have ever known. Nice rooms, good linens, execellent wi-fi, great ligthing in the room, evertythin you need a stones throw away.

oh heck.... you were asking about Bkk