Robin Hood Tavern, Pattaya

Bazle

Meanwhile, the other Robin Hood in Jomtien has just been sold to a Russian - it was one of my regular Jomtien haunts for years and it will be interesting to see what they do with it now; it was never really the same after Aussie owner Martin passed way suddenly a couple of years ago and his widow has been limping it along with family ever since. 

• Like 1

The food in Robbin Hood is good but the prices are kind of expensive....I have never made a single Grab order from there...

I order from Tigglebitties sometimes https://www.hotmeals2u.com/ ... The Same kind of food also not cheap but a bit cheaper than Robin Hood..

The endless 2nd road or Soi 15 road work has sure not helped them one bit......

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

To be honest I am amazed Robbin Hood is still there..

They seem to have survived the curse of that location...

They survived Covid

They seem to have survived being shunned by value dinners like me...

They seem to have survived the endless 2nd Road or Soi 15 road work......

Amazing...

• Thumbs Up 5

10 hours ago, fforest said:

The food in Robbin Hood is good but the prices are kind of expensive....I have never made a single Grab order from there...

I order from Tigglebitties sometimes https://www.hotmeals2u.com/ ... The Same kind of food also not cheap but a bit cheaper than Robin Hood..

The endless 2nd road or Soi 15 road work has sure not helped them one bit......

Good to hear that Tigglebitties is still going strong. 

I agree the price of Robin Hood is on the higher side, but The food I eat in there has always been decent and being at the Avenue makes the location superb.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I had a very bad meal there on my first visit and never returned.

Awful location.

Why do you think it's an awful location? Seems about as central to Pattaya as anything and very easy to get to with a lot of foot traffic passing by.

OTOH, liked the spot much better back in the day when the Vientiane was there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Why do you think it's an awful location? Seems about as central to Pattaya as anything and very easy to get to with a lot of foot traffic passing by.

OTOH, liked the spot much better back in the day when the Vientiane was there.

White Elephant area.

Also, why oh why call it "The Robin Hood?"

What possible connection does Robin Hood have to Pattaya, Thailand?

Should have called it "Fryer Tuck."

• Great Info 1

16 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Meanwhile, the other Robin Hood in Jomtien has just been sold to a Russian - it was one of my regular Jomtien haunts for years and it will be interesting to see what they do with it now; it was never really the same after Aussie owner Martin passed way suddenly a couple of years ago and his widow has been limping it along with family ever since. 

A Ruskie Robin Hood ?

:default_bad:

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I'm a fan of RH , good value tasty food in a great location for me 

the portions are huge imho and the quality is far better since they employed Max the chef around four years ago 

it's usually busy every time I visit 

Back in May I ate there 6 evenings out of the 10 we were in Pattaya for. Very tasty food.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

White Elephant area.

Also, why oh why call it "The Robin Hood?"

What possible connection does Robin Hood have to Pattaya, Thailand?

Should have called it "Fryer Tuck."

I dunno; as much of a connection as McDonalds. One of those there in the Avenue across from RH.

I've eaten there once, (pics on phone, will add later). I thought the price was slightly high, but when compared to the quality and portion of the food, it seemed quite fair.

As a small point of fact, the food (noodle) cart outside the front of The Avenue in the evening is bloody fantastic. The lady runs a small "local" Thai restaurant on the darkside as well.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2