Decent Darkside / Side Soi / Out of the way Bars.

Butch

Can apply to any bar that's basically not on any of the main drags, even, if you wish, within walking distance of Soi bukhao (shame buffalo Bar has lost its mojo - it would qualify here). I'll also open it up to the lesser walked Sois between Beach Rd and Second, such as Yamato etc, but not 6/7/8.

A decent small bar is next door to Page 10, Malila Bar. Good happy hour cocktails, a decent pool table and a half decent selection of girls (albeit in low numbers, maybe 5 at the most). What I like about the place is that they use "free pour" to measure out the spirits (or used to).

2021-12-04.jpg

2021-06-20.jpg

pics courtesy of google images.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That bar became my regular last year, I stayed at The Stay and would pop in for a snack and a few drinks most nights.

Great staff but a really weird layout, it seemed to be a number of different properties all at different levels now used as one bar.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Can apply to any bar that's basically not on any of the main drags, even, if you wish, within walking distance of Soi bukhao (shame buffalo Bar has lost its mojo - it would qualify here). I'll also open it up to the lesser walked Sois between Beach Rd and Second, such as Yamato etc, but not 6/7/8.

A decent small bar is next door to Page 10, Malila Bar. Good happy hour cocktails, a decent pool table and a half decent selection of girls (albeit in low numbers, maybe 5 at the most). What I like about the place is that they use "free pour" to measure out the spirits (or used to).

2021-12-04.jpg

2021-06-20.jpg

pics courtesy of google images.

What's changed with Buffalo bar was a good spot pre covid

6 hours ago, Nickrock said:

What's changed with Buffalo bar was a good spot pre covid

I went in there last April, and the previous September and both times dead as a DoDo. It may have been just a quiet time, but a handful of girls and uninterested staff. I wasn't expecting it to be a patch on the old days, but for me, it seemed to have lost its way. No real atmosphere, girls werr uninterested and it just seemed to be dying.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

That bar became my regular last year, I stayed at The Stay and would pop in for a snack and a few drinks most nights.

Great staff but a really weird layout, it seemed to be a number of different properties all at different levels now used as one bar.

Yes, I noticed that as well!. I used to just sit at the bar and enjoy a couple of cocktails prior to going out. without going too far off topic, how was "The Stay" in your opinion?.

3 minutes ago, Butch said:

I went in there last April, and the previous September and both times dead as a DoDo. It may have been just a quiet time, but a handful of girls and uninterested staff. I wasn't expecting it to be a patch on the old days, but for me, it seemed to have lost its way. No real atmosphere, girls werr uninterested and it just seemed to be dying.

Yep...Great in the good ole days but about a month ago I was staying on soi pothole and got a little squiffy so thought I'd go check it out.

3rd road was impossible to cross at that time of night. Traffic was too busy and too fast moving. Bloody impossible!!!

To put some sort of bench mark down on how busy it was ...I walk everywhere and there isn't a road that has ever bothered me to cross at any time of day or night but that was impossible to cross.

Impossible I say !!!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep...Great in the good ole days but about a month ago I was staying on soi pothole and got a little squiffy so thought I'd go check it out.

3rd road was impossible to cross at that time of night. Traffic was too busy and too fast moving. Bloody impossible!!!

To put some sort of bench mark down on how busy it was ...I walk everywhere and there isn't a road that has ever bothered me to cross at any time of day or night but that was impossible to cross.

Impossible I say !!!!

I agree , although I did throw caution to the wind when Bliss Bar used to be open ...

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I agree , although I did throw caution to the wind when Bliss Bar used to be open ...

Haha, A group of us used to meet there once a week (Fridays usually) for a chat and chewing the fat. It often got very messy towards the late evening...That's another example of a decent bar that's out of the way. No idea what Gus is doing these days however.

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Is it Bliss Lounge you're referring to? That's now King's Club and is one of my favorite GC's. 

Sorry, yes that's what I was referring to in my reply mate.

Does Gus still run it or is it under new ownership?. I noticed the location was closed for a fair while. I'll put that on my "To visit" list for the future then!.

56 minutes ago, Butch said:

Sorry, yes that's what I was referring to in my reply mate.

Does Gus still run it or is it under new ownership?. I noticed the location was closed for a fair while. I'll put that on my "To visit" list for the future then!.

Oct 2019 they opened as King's Club. Can't remember the new owner's name from back then, but his wife or TGF's name is Kiki. There was a bit of drama at KC just before Covid and it was sold on to Lou Lou and another French guy. Good move too as they've done a good job of keeping the club humming along. Usually have a stable of around a dozen or more ladies of varying shapes, sizes and age. Not a place for anyone that's offended by nudity. :default_biggrin:

• Great Info 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Is it Bliss Lounge you're referring to? That's now King's Club and is one of my favorite GC's. 

Went in there for a quick drink a year ago and all the women must have been broke because almost all of them were half or fully naked

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Butch said:

Yes, I noticed that as well!. I used to just sit at the bar and enjoy a couple of cocktails prior to going out. without going too far off topic, how was "The Stay" in your opinion?.

I enjoyed it, I stayed there for 3-4 weeks last December.

It was clean, large rooms and I enjoyed the pool, I would go for a swim every morning before the sun got too high.

Only downside was the selection of TV channels, but that was a plus in a way as it meant I spent more time out in Pattaya.

• Great Info 1

Reading about Phil selling Milk got me thinking about Cats Corner years ago.

Down a back soi and a nice bar to sit and drink in.. It was also popular with clients of the Clinic opposite with blokes turning up with horrendous injuries from fighting/getting beaten up by security or falling off bikes ...

Great if you like the sight of blood with your beer in the mornings !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Reading about Phil selling Milk got me thinking about Cats Corner years ago.

Down a back soi and a nice bar to sit and drink in.. It was also popular with clients of the Clinic opposite with blokes turning up with horrendous injuries from fighting/getting beaten up by security or falling off bikes ...

Great if you like the sight of blood with your beer in the mornings !!!

The lady doctor in that clinic was superb!

• Thumbs Up 1