Don't shoot the messenger part 2 the dreaded tm30

Agreed to meet a friend for a drink in the beer garden this afternoon on the way down I decided to stop at manaree to see fon. 

I have never submitted a tm-30 on my own behalf have never been asked for one for any reason since they began supposedly requiring them years ago. I figured if anybody knew what the score was it would be her as she has dealt with many many these are renewals 90-day reports and the likes. 

She told me that each time you leave and check into a hotel or a guest house that will report you as a guest when you return back to your residence even if it's within the country even if it's a single night somewhere your otm30 is no in void and you have to replace it with a new one.

I take a lot of trips for three and four days here and there this is going to be one major league pain in the ass

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll see how this plays out next year when I do my extension again. This year, after they started this new policy, my extension to stay was processed with no additional money exchanging hands, other than the usual Maneerat agent fee. That's with a TM30 dated from 2017. Like I posted before, it could be that using an agent gets you a pass on this nonsense.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'll see how this plays out next year when I do my extension again. This year, after they started this new policy, my extension to stay was processed with no additional money exchanging hands, other than the usual Maneerat agent fee. That's with a TM30 dated from 2017. Like I posted before, it could be that using an agent gets you a pass on this nonsense.

was vtold will have to show the TM 30 for even the 90 day report As this came from Fon herself at Maneerat would think it would be enforced. Told her i would take her what she needs to do mine when my 90 day is due and she said good as will be needed

21 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

was vtold will have to show the TM 30 for even the 90 day report As this came from Fon herself at Maneerat would think it would be enforced. Told her i would take her what she needs to do mine when my 90 day is due and she said good as will be needed

I read elsewhere that, if you don't need to do anything at Immigration (such as a 90-day report), you don't really need the TM30. I am to and from England frequently, so have never filed a 90 day report, so I'm not sure whether to bother or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Good thing I do my 90 day report online. 

• Thumbs Up 2

immigration made it clear that if you are returning home to your normal address, dont need to redo.  now the law says you do but they were beng overun by people  so they themselves changed it

I am "technically" moving address soon so will do one but never done even when going abroad as always registered same address here

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

immigration made it clear that if you are returning home to your normal address, dont need to redo.  now the law says you do but they were beng overun by people  so they themselves changed it

I am "technically" moving address soon so will do one but never done even when going abroad as always registered same address here

I agree that that was the situation for several years, but Immigration seemed to change their attitude a few weeks back.

• Sad 1

Have a friend who arrived 5 weeks ago and when chatting to me about doing his 90 day report online, he realised he hadn't done a TM30. He comes on OA's and had arrived on a new one. I said he might be lucky but Maneerat would charge 500 and would be ok. He went to Jomtien on Monday with all his papers. Took a while but eventually when done without any mention of a fine, the IO asked why he was doing it again as it was already done.

So, who knows. He was on a new visa, but returning to his own condo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 9:35 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

I am concerned that Maneerat have a vested interest in saying that!

There were some posts on Aseannow, dated 23 October, which said:

I'm a condo owner that lives in my condo.

I had NEVER filed a TM30 myself and was never asked for one over many many years living here.

So I got this news and as I have an extension coming up, I freaked out.

So I went in to Jomtien and did file for my first time. I expected there to be a fine. Daresay I probably deserved it. But happily no fine.

So I asked the obvious questions?

Do I need to file a new TM30 if I stay at a hotel in Thailand? As expected, no.

Do I need to file a new TM30 if I leave and reenter Thailand? Surprisingly no. But pay attention -- ONLY because I was an owner occupant of my home.

But keep in mind this was at the TM30 desk.

---------------------
went to the very same TM30 desk after reading the very same PM story, and asked similar questions (also owner of my home).  To me answer was I need to do IF 'I have something to do in immigration (like extension or residence cert.). Not necessarily contradictory to what they said you as indeed it seems no need to do if no need to deal with immigration.

---------------------

If I feel up to it, I think I MIGHT wander down to Soi 5 next week and ask there.

• 3 weeks later...

Online 90 day report submitted Wednesday evening and approved Thursday morning.  First one after returning from overseas and also just after returning from domestic travel.

To be honest, I don't know if a TM30 was done on my behalf when I returned from the UK in September, but certainly not done since I returned from up country.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KWA said:

Online 90 day report submitted Wednesday evening and approved Thursday morning.  First one after returning from overseas and also just after returning from domestic travel.

To be honest, I don't know if a TM30 was done on my behalf when I returned from the UK in September, but certainly not done since I returned from up country.

Happy to hear that I'll give it a go I've been okay the last few times and I've reentered from Vietnam since but you didn't have an issue I don't believe I will much appreciated