Your favourite childhood toys.

Butch

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I got a Peugeot Racer in about 1980 , they hadn't tightened up the handlebars properly ... I cycled it home from the shop and when I tried to do a sharp turn , I went over the handlebars  ... this was before helmets .. my Dad went apeshit with them .. they replaced the bike completely 

Strange that, I had a Peugeot racer around the same time. Front brakes fell off and jammed the front wheel sending me flying over the handlebars! I was picking bits of gravel out of my chest and legs for ages, not fun!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

This was one of my younger sister's favorite toys in the late 1950s- the original Mr. Potato Head.

Mr_Potato_Head_1952.jpg

My parents thought it was wrong to waste real food as a toy, so my sister mostly used apples and oranges which she would eat after using them instead of a potato.

The Hungarian version is still sold today.

Mr_Potato_Head_1952-(1aaa.png

Evil

• Haha 2

On 2/14/2024 at 2:40 PM, Evil Penevil said:

This was one of my younger sister's favorite toys in the late 1950s- the original Mr. Potato Head.

Mr_Potato_Head_1952.jpg

My parents thought it was wrong to waste real food as a toy, so my sister mostly used apples and oranges which she would eat after using them instead of a potato.

The Hungarian version is still sold today.

Mr_Potato_Head_1952-(1aaa.png

Evil

I take it the price for a Gabor head toy is currently 1000 baht, and anyone who pays more is going to push up costs for everyone else?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

i had in late 70s the tonka toy dumper truck and tonka crane round 8/10 yr old age.had hours of fun  in back garden digging holes in mums garden where she tried ot grow her roses and that.god wish id keeped hold of them worth a few quid now.

my brother has my dads corgi cars and truck still in boxes on shelves now at his place from 50s now they are worth a few quid being with the boxes.

i also have the shell points cars first set they released where u had to collect i think it was 10 points for the small cars then there was the big one which i got can not remember how points u needed for that they are still all boxed.was only available from shell garages when filled up

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thunder367 said:

i had in late 70s the tonka toy dumper truck and tonka crane round 8/10 yr old age.had hours of fun  in back garden digging holes in mums garden where she tried ot grow her roses and that.god wish id keeped hold of them worth a few quid now.

my brother has my dads corgi cars and truck still in boxes on shelves now at his place from 50s now they are worth a few quid being with the boxes.

i also have the shell points cars first set they released where u had to collect i think it was 10 points for the small cars then there was the big one which i got can not remember how points u needed for that they are still all boxed.was only available from shell garages when filled up

I've got the Jaguar XJ220 from Shell, the big one, but not in the box. I've also started to collect Hot Wheels cars recently , as they're only £1.49 in Poundland and they make good gifts for our Godson.