Football

Thinkingallowed

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Krapow said:

You nervous @Britboy?

You is you tomorrow, nail biting stuff :default_biggrin:

images(1).jpeg.f86626c59935554a03fc0e977b22310f.jpeg

Very nervous . . 

Couldn't wish for a better scenario, home to Huddersfield who are all but down and with them in disarray behind the scenes. But stranger things have happened, so counting no chickens and I can't see the fat lady yet . . 

But what an opportunity. We'd never have thought back to back promotions, but what a job our manager has done, really well supported by the board and the owners. The whole club is together as one, it's just brilliant.

This time last year I actually flew back to see our final home game against Exeter, which we needed to win to guarantee promotion. We smashed them 6-0, so hoping for similar today. I'll be watching from behind my sofa.

Was fortunately enough to meet one of our American owners the morning after, we were staying in the same hotel on Ipswich marina. Great guy and we ended up having a coffee together. I'm on the right in the pic, my mate on the left, with Brett Johnson, one of the "3 Lions" who part owns the club.

Dave, Richard and Brett.jpg

Come on you blues . . . 

Edited by Britboy
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well done you Baggies, was a much more relaxed afternoon than expected thanks to other results. Can’t wait to thrash Leeds at Wembley!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, richy65 said:

Well done you Baggies, was a much more relaxed afternoon than expected thanks to other results. Can’t wait to thrash Leeds at Wembley!!

You lot are on a roll mate but I think you will be thrashing Norwich at Wembley ..!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You lot are on a roll mate but I think you will be thrashing Norwich at Wembley ..!!

We’ll see haha! Had lost 3 in a row before today so I’m not really confident 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Britboy said:

Very nervous . . 

Couldn't wish for a better scenario, home to Huddersfield who are all but down and with them in disarray behind the scenes. But stranger things have happened, so counting no chickens and I can't see the fat lady yet . . 

But what an opportunity. We'd never have thought back to back promotions, but what a job our manager has done, really well supported by the board and the owners. The whole club is together as one, it's just brilliant.

This time last year I actually flew back to see our final home game against Exeter, which we needed to win to guarantee promotion. We smashed them 6-0, so hoping for similar today. I'll be watching from behind my sofa.

Was fortunately enough to meet one of our American owners the morning after, we were staying in the same hotel on Ipswich marina. Great guy and we ended up having a coffee together. I'm on the right in the pic, my mate on the left, with Brett Johnson, one of the "3 Lions" who part owns the club.

Dave, Richard and Brett.jpg

Come on you blues . . . 

Delighted for you, and delighted for your Manager.

From him growing up in Northern Ireland, playing for part time teams, to then getting a huge move to Spurs. Then having to retire at 22 from injury without being able to play a game. You'd be absolutely gutted!

But he's some Manager, back to back promotions. Doesn't get better than that. 

Brilliant stuff!

I'm of an age i can remember the Ipswich of John Wark, Mills, Butcher, Osman, Mariner etc, and managed by Bobby Robson. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Good luck to Ipswich for next season. I always enjoyed visiting Portman Road and saw some great games with the Albion back in the early 1980’s, plenty of goal action with all the top attacking players on both sides.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

First of all I'm mightily relieved that Rovers survived the drop thanks to Leicester playing in reverse gear. But..... We will be in this position next season with these moronic owners. 

Nothing to look forward to I'm afraid, Sammie Smodizc will be off to pastures new no doubt and any fee we get for him will be pocketed by the loons from Pune, India. 

And congratulations to Dave @Britboy and Ipswich Town. Brilliant stuff and good luck in the Premier league. 

Edited by Aqualung
Missed info
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 5/4/2024 at 6:36 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I'll be glued to Sky Sports Football tonight at 6.30pm, lets hope its a good match mate.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:48 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, I have a connection to both teams so I'd be happy for either to get promoted !

What a great match and my Saints did the job :default_clapping:The playoff's are going to be interesting.......

Screenshot 2024-05-05 070336.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for all the congratulatory messages guys. I've just woken up after a looooonnnggg night of celebrations.

What a performance, what a manager, what a squad of players and great credit should go to the owners, who have backed Kieran when he's needed it but let him and the CEO run the club with zero interference. The club is 100% together, on the same page with the same values and is so inclusive with the fans and the community. After 20 years of utterly crap ownership we're now where I believe we belong.

As Butch, I remember and was there when we were probably the best starting XI in the country, winning the FA Cup and UEFA cup. I was at both and travelled round Europe, going to fantastic stadiums in Barcelona, Madrid, St. Etienne, Cologne and also to obscure places like Lanscrona and Helsingborg.

In 81 we were so close to the treble - League, FA Cup and UEFA Cup. But squad depth hurt us when players like Kevin Beattie (the best player I've ever seen, imho) got injured (he broke his arm in the FA Cup semi against Man City. That was the first season they introduced extra time and Paul Power scored a terrific free kick to knock us out in that extra time.

We should really have won the league that year, but were pipped by Villa. We actually beat them 3 times that season - home, away and knocked them out of the FA Cup. Injuries at the end cost us, but we rustled up enough to win the UEFA Cup. We played 66 competitive games that season and Russell Osman played in every one of them.

Anyway, we're back to the promised land. With our brilliant manager and the resources we have I am confident we'll do ok.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

What a great match and my Saints did the job :default_clapping:The playoff's are going to be interesting.......

Screenshot 2024-05-05 070336.png

Really funny as all season I've been wanting Leeds to implode but as soon as the final whistle went yesterday and we got promoted I instantly became a temporary Leeds fan, hoping they stuff our rivals Norwich . . 🤣

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Britboy said:

Thanks for all the congratulatory messages guys. I've just woken up after a looooonnnggg night of celebrations.

What a performance, what a manager, what a squad of players and great credit should go to the owners, who have backed Kieran when he's needed it but let him and the CEO run the club with zero interference. The club is 100% together, on the same page with the same values and is so inclusive with the fans and the community. After 20 years of utterly crap ownership we're now where I believe we belong.

As Butch, I remember and was there when we were probably the best starting XI in the country, winning the FA Cup and UEFA cup. I was at both and travelled round Europe, going to fantastic stadiums in Barcelona, Madrid, St. Etienne, Cologne and also to obscure places like Lanscrona and Helsingborg.

In 81 we were so close to the treble - League, FA Cup and UEFA Cup. But squad depth hurt us when players like Kevin Beattie (the best player I've ever seen, imho) got injured (he broke his arm in the FA Cup semi against Man City. That was the first season they introduced extra time and Paul Power scored a terrific free kick to knock us out in that extra time.

We should really have won the league that year, but were pipped by Villa. We actually beat them 3 times that season - home, away and knocked them out of the FA Cup. Injuries at the end cost us, but we rustled up enough to win the UEFA Cup. We played 66 competitive games that season and Russell Osman played in every one of them.

Anyway, we're back to the promised land. With our brilliant manager and the resources we have I am confident we'll do ok.

Will you be starting next seasons FPL with treble Ipswich ? 😜😜😜 555

• Haha 3

Really like Ange as a person but fear he may be done.

Think he has inherited a huge post Kane problem. 

Defence is shambolic. Romero who according to Messi is the world's best defender is a liability.

• Surprised 2

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

Really like Ange as a person but fear he may be done.

Think he has inherited a huge post Kane problem. 

Defence is shambolic. Romero who according to Messi is the world's best defender is a liability.

But then again it's 4-2 now.

Thank the Lord I don't bet on football 🤣 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Will you be starting next seasons FPL with treble Ipswich ? 😜😜😜 555

That'll be a head v heart decision as I'd love to have at least 1 Ipswich player in my team. I do believe we'll do ok, certainly enough to survive, but I think we'll be better than that.

A tip for everyone is our left back, Leif Davis. He's either really close or broken the record for the number of assists in the EFL in a season for a defender. Scored a couple too. Excellent player who we bought from Leeds 2 seasons ago . . 

• Great Info 3

On 5/5/2024 at 6:23 AM, Britboy said:

Really funny as all season I've been wanting Leeds to implode but as soon as the final whistle went yesterday and we got promoted I instantly became a temporary Leeds fan, hoping they stuff our rivals Norwich . . 🤣

A bit extra on this, as it's a dilemma.

I'd love Leeds to stuff Norwich, but at the same time they'll do their usual yo-yo as they're in big debt and won't splash out on expensive new players. Chances are they'd get relegated, great chance for 6 points for us. Put that alongside Leicester, who will have a big points deduction before they kick a ball in the Prem next season, that's 2 clubs at least we should finish above. Only need 1 more club to really struggle and we'd be safe.

But like I've said, I think we'll finish lower mid table and cause a few surprises along the way.

Come on my tractor boys . . 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Julen Lopetegui has agreed a deal to become West Ham manager at the end of the season.

Nothing has been signed yet but the 57-year-old is close to making a return to management following his departure from Wolves in August last year.

Current Hammers boss David Moyes has come under increasing pressure after a poor run of results that has seen his side win one of their past nine Premier League games and exit the Europa League in the quarter-finals.

West Ham were thrashed 5-0 by Chelsea on Sunday to leave them ninth in the table.

Moyes, who is out of contract in the summer, has repeatedly fended off questions about his future at the club, saying talks will not take place until after their final game at Manchester City on 19 May.

• Great Info 2