Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Bit of a backstory to this. I had to run out the other day top grab some parts that had been sprayed for me by a Company an hour or so away up the road.

It wasn't until I actually noticed that the Industrial Estate was the site of a former World War 2 Airbase and I was actually stood next to the old hangar!.

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/RAF_Martlesham_Heath

There is a lot of stuff remaining still in situe, and it's interesting to see the old WW2 buildings being reused, along with modern ones next to them. Parts of the runway also exist nearby. I'm back there next week so will try and grab a few more pics if anyone is interested 🙂

IMG_20220322_114821 (Medium).jpgIMG_20220322_114828 (Medium).jpgIMG_20220322_114718 (Medium).jpg

Edited by Butch
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

There is a lot of stuff remaining still in situe, and it's interesting to see the old WW2 buildings being reused, along with modern ones next to them. Parts of the runway also exist nearby. I'm back there next week so will try and grab a few more pics if anyone is interested 🙂

I'm always interested in seeing history that is still alive.  Post the pics if you have time. Thanks

• Like 1