Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

18 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

I'm awaiting delivery of a camera I bought last night, promised for Saturday, so my contributions here will soon increase, and I'll be TR-ready when we go to LOS in August!

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Vario-Elmar-F3-3-6-4-Stabilization-DC-ZS200DS/dp/B0BK2Q7CMN?th=1

image.png

Nothing too fancy, but pretty good reviews, and ~half the price of the Sony competitor all the reviews seem to compare it to.

Looks like a great camera. Used to have an Olympus with 10X optical zoom.

Word of warning from my experience. If you ever should drop it in a dusty or sandy environment, do not turn it off until you have a chance to thoroughly clean the exterior of the telephoto lens mechanism. I made that mistake and really fcked up the lens retracting mechanism due to fine particles of dust on the exterior.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like a great camera. Used to have an Olympus with 10X optical zoom.

Thanks.  It gets pretty good reviews and the price is reasonable considering that many reviews I've read compare it favorably to a camera that costs almost twice as much.  I also had a Panasonic Lumix previously (a long time ago), so I'm confident this camera will perform well.

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

If you ever should drop it in a dusty or sandy environment, do not turn it off until you have a chance to thoroughly clean the exterior of the telephoto lens mechanism.

Good advice, taken on board!  Thanks.  :default_good:

4 minutes ago, halfaboy said:

Sittwe - Myanmar (July 2010):

I spent a year working around Myanmar. A period of time that included Aung Su Kyi still being under house arrest and her release.

For my work in Rakhine I'd drive from Pyay across the Rakhine mountains to Ngapali and base myself there. One return trip led to the most frightening experiences I've had as a civilian. We left Ngapali in torrential rain across the plains seeing the bridge behind us collapse and the road in front submerged under flood waters... We had no choice but to push on to the foothills of the mountain range and park up..

Just this week they have been hit by a cyclone. Boy do I feel sorry for them...

At least I discovered ABC draught Stout whilst working there though !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

My home for the week. 

7 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Enjoy enjoy, lets have some pics of your achievements mate.

By the size of the marquee he has erected, he'll be holding Dinner Parties in there !

Boydeste = Hyacinth Bucket

(If it was me, I'd be trying to get Rose a little tipsy!)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Enjoy enjoy, lets have some pics of your achievements mate.

I will if I can trick one up, some huge fish in here, but they don't often get caught.

Also they may start spawning which will signal an early departure!

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Something about seeing those huge cruise ships on the horizon. This one was anchored off the south coast along with 3 more, back when Covid was rife and all cruises were cancelled. Can’t remember the name, but may be Britannia.  

IMG_6299.jpeg

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1