Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Rats normally come in at least twos, so I set my trap again last night. It went off just after dark. On investigation the trap was upside down but the big rat was next to it looking dazed. I stealthily got a bank stick and chased it around until my Zulu skills kicked in!

20230504_094243.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 2

On 5/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, boydeste said:

My big lake is very open and wild, it also has a stream running along it. The owner keeps good control on any vermin that may take a shine to the lake. Coming out of winter into spring seems to be the worst time for rats and some evade his efforts to keep them at bay. I always carry traps for both rats and mice, but have never had to use the rat trap in 15 years of fishing the lake.

Last night just as light faded a decent sized rat walked past me and into the shrubs very nonchalantly.

Trap deployed and baited with a sweet, creamy smelling boilie was too much for him to resist. 

20230503_124117.jpg

I swear that’s a Siberian hamster.

• Haha 3

A short play, in 3 acts.

Act I - I notice a tiny toad hopping around in my man-cave early this morning.

toad plug.jpg

Act II - The toad is invited to hang out while I get ready to leave for work.  He is moved into the bottom half of a cut off water bottle. 

toad bottle 2.jpg

He sits there looking rather glum.  Or, should I say, unhoppy.

toad bottle 1.jpg

Act III - As I'm leaving, the toad is returned to nature.

toad home.jpg

The End.

Thanks for attending.  Please don't forget to pick up a program on your way out.  The concerge will validate your parking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1