Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Surprised wifey with a bike yesterday, my thanks to her for letting me have 2 nights out last week-end with the boys. She can "toodle" around the hood here in our neighborhood. I walk as she rides. I have yet to ever find a bike that the seat was comfortable. 

This home here has been up for sale since we arrived back here Oct 2022. Started at $8 Million Baht asking price, now down to $7 Million and still not sold. 

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8799.JPG

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Yessongs said:

Surprised wifey with a bike yesterday, my thanks to her for letting me have 2 nights out last week-end with the boys. She can "toodle" around the hood here in our neighborhood. I walk as she rides. I have yet to ever find a bike that the seat was comfortable. 

This home here has been up for sale since we arrived back here Oct 2022. Started at $8 Million Baht asking price, now down to $7 Million and still not sold. 

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8799.JPG

Know what you mean by the saddles Mike 😬 I thought you would have got something sporty for wifey ? 😁

Houses for sale here in Korat can take for ages to sell most of the time unless you price it right or you just get lucky. The house looks decent but is it overpriced for the local market ?

• Thumbs Up 1

The wife and son regularly go on a 10 mile ride on their bicycles rain or shine. 
I always ensure that they get home before it gets dark, despite the having lights front and back. Also they wear HiVis tabards and skid lids. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 7/30/2023 at 8:05 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Know what you mean by the saddles Mike 😬 I thought you would have got something sporty for wifey ? 😁

Houses for sale here in Korat can take for ages to sell most of the time unless you price it right or you just get lucky. The house looks decent but is it overpriced for the local market ?

Well Cliff, when we hit Fashion Island Mall on a weekly basis, I am always "keen" on to what she likes you know? This particular bike at this bike store, she zeroed in on for some reason. Hey, you can spend 30k or more for one of the top grade bikes, this one was a steal at 2.5k baht. Plus, it has a basket and she can ride down to 7-11 to get me a quart of Milk to mix with my Protein Shakes LOL! 

Not sure if this house is over priced, we went inside it a few weeks ago as the realtor was showing it to a few people. Wifey was impressed, a full re-model, beautiful, inside and out and a huge lot. 5 BR 3BA. 

@lazarus As Matt can fully attest to, this is NOT The bay area where we come from. Exactly 1 year ago, my brother and I sold my parents home. Built in 1969 brand new, 4 BR 2 1/2 BA, 1,780 SQ ft home. My Brother and I had a contractor do some "basic" re-modeling that took 3 months, nothing fancy really. Nice neighborhood etc. Went on the "open market" Friday on the Multiple Listings, Sat/ Sun open house for all to see. I thought I was going to have to direct traffic! Sun night 7:00pm, we had 6 "Cash Offers" and we took the one that was $100k over listing price. Nice Korean couple bought it. He works for Google and she is a stay at home Mom to the 6 year old. 

Crazy is an understatement.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Well Cliff, when we hit Fashion Island Mall on a weekly basis, I am always "keen" on to what she likes you know? This particular bike at this bike store, she zeroed in on for some reason. Hey, you can spend 30k or more for one of the top grade bikes, this one was a steal at 2.5k baht. Plus, it has a basket and she can ride down to 7-11 to get me a quart of Milk to mix with my Protein Shakes LOL! 

Not sure if this house is over priced, we went inside it a few weeks ago as the realtor was showing it to a few people. Wifey was impressed, a full re-model, beautiful, inside and out and a huge lot. 5 BR 3BA. 

@lazarus As Matt can fully attest to, this is NOT The bay area where we come from. Exactly 1 year ago, my brother and I sold my parents home. Built in 1969 brand new, 4 BR 2 1/2 BA, 1,780 SQ ft home. My Brother and I had a contractor do some "basic" re-modeling that took 3 months, nothing fancy really. Nice neighborhood etc. Went on the "open market" Friday on the Multiple Listings, Sat/ Sun open house for all to see. I thought I was going to have to direct traffic! Sun night 7:00pm, we had 6 "Cash Offers" and we took the one that was $100k over listing price. Nice Korean couple bought it. He works for Google and she is a stay at home Mom to the 6 year old. 

Crazy is an understatement.  

I can agree with you entirely if the market in the States is comparable with the UK. I bought a new 5B, 2B en suite 1BR, downstairs toilet, double garage, private rear garden cost £195K in 1997, i sold it in 2002 for £310K. My son informs me its now worth £700K. WHOOWEE

Yes indeed Mike, never ever buy anything YOU like for wifey, only buy what she likes for obvious reasons lol

• Thumbs Up 1