Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

7 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Am bastier a munro on the black cullin ridge,stunning area,glad that one's ticked off.

Screenshot_20240216_131532_VLC.jpg

What’s the highest peak you have climbed mate?.

Not something I could do with my fear of heights. I’m okay inside, like looking out of a aeroplane window, but not outside in the elements.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, galenkia said:

What’s the highest peak you have climbed mate?.

Not something I could do with my fear of heights. I’m okay inside, like looking out of a aeroplane window, but not outside in the elements.

This one in the Austrian alps,Vorderer Brochkogel3,565 m,I'm looking over to wildespitze which is the highest.

Screenshot_20240216_130618_VLC.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

18 hours ago, boydeste said:

20231125_142404.jpg

Could confuse some, the Hilton is obviously another hotel, but very close by to the Centara. Great pic.

Still need to go to the Sky bar in Hilton, never been. Centara on the other hand is one of my favourite places to visit when in town.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:40 PM, Horizondave said:

Could confuse some, the Hilton is obviously another hotel, but very close by to the Centara. Great pic.

Still need to go to the Sky bar in Hilton, never been. Centara on the other hand is one of my favourite places to visit when in town.

Wifey told me next time we go to Hua Hin, the Centara will be where we stay. Have never stayed there or Hilton.....any opinions on which is better? 

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

• Like 4

It’s been a while since going to the Hilton, but I found it to be nothing special, especially the food, but the Centara was a lot better.
Obviously things change over the years, so a more up to date review is required.

A friend and I did reviews of 12 restaurants in Hua Hin for the Tatler many years ago and the Hilton Hotel wasn’t one of them. 😉
The wife insisted on always going to the Centara for Loy Krathong (despite us living right on the beach) so she could float her Krathong and have dinner there afterwards. 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Wifey told me next time we go to Hua Hin, the Centara will be where we stay. Have never stayed there or Hilton.....any opinions on which is better? 

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

Not stayed at the Hilton although have been inside and used the downstairs club and bars. The Hilton is obviously more modern with the Centara maintaining an older style charm offering a very historical feeling to a stay.

For me I would still book the Centara as you feel so immersed in history, the gardens and facilities are beautiful, the grounds and restaurants are amazing. Just having afternoon tea there is an event. I have stayed then and never ventured outside, I just wanted to savour the atmosphere of a premier class hotel.

The hotel has beautifully finished rooms once inside, they are large and extremely comfortable. You have a feeling of being in a 'colonial old hotel' which I particularly like as it comes with great service, you feel part of history.

Not sure of the costs of either hotel, would need to look that up but maybe the wifey would get a better rate for you if she called the hotels.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3