Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Interesting pic. Is the backstory of how you were able to get the shot interesting too? 

I was on another Concorde, one of 4 flying in formation on 24 December 1985. It was in preparation for the 10 year anniversary of Concorde operations in January 1986.

I got onboard via coming second in a fancy dress competition. First prize was a weekend stay in any Holiday Inn. I was an Irish Kamikaze pilot.

About 20 on each aircraft, being served mince pies and champagne. Quite a few were sick as Concorde was built to fly supersonic and not try to keep formation sub sonically.

Flew down over Lands End (western England) and over Irish sea.

Was a great experience. I took a photo as I walked out of work to board on the aircraft apron behind the Technical Block where I worked.

IMG20240504172652.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I was on another Concorde, one of 4 flying in formation on 24 December 1985. It was in preparation for the 10 year anniversary of Concorde operations in January 1986.

I got onboard via coming second in a fancy dress competition. First prize was a weekend stay in any Holiday Inn. I was an Irish Kamikaze pilot.

About 20 on each aircraft, being served mince pies and champagne. Quite a few were sick as Concorde was built to fly supersonic and not try to keep formation sub sonically.

Flew down over Lands End (western England) and over Irish sea.

Was a great experience. I took a photo as I walked out of work to board on the aircraft apron behind the Technical Block where I worked.

IMG20240504172652.jpg

Thank you. Explains what was puzzling me about your first photo. I was trying to work out how you managed to get a shot of the wing surface of your plane, with no wing tip visible.

With the Concorde's swept back wings extending to almost the tail of the plane, most windows would have a view of the wing.

IMG_20240504_173433.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Thank you. Explains what was puzzling me about your first photo. I was trying to work out how you managed to get a shot of the wing surface of your plane, with no wing tip visible.

With the Concorde's swept back wings extending to almost the tail of the plane, most windows would have a view of the wing.

IMG_20240504_173433.jpg

I have a couple where the wing isn't in the pic; I also have a framed, numbered picture poster (about 3' by 2') that was taken from a chasing Learjet. There is a lot of info on Facebook, Google about the day.

https://m.facebook.com/airlinersillustrated/photos/a.641365139249180/5620657271319917/?type=3

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1