Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

Woke up early Xmas morning and didn’t want to commit to anything too long…..this man is TOO funny, I mean there is never a boring minute. My only prior experience with him is the 2020 Golden Globes hosting , which I have watched at least a dozen times on YT

He crosses the line, which he talks about a lot in his routine, nice to know he hasn’t been cancelled….you guys should be proud of this national treasure 🇬🇧 

image.png

• Thanks 2

I just signed up for Prime Video in December and the first series I decided to watch was "Reacher". About a decade ago, my stepmom, who was a voracious reader, got me hooked on the "Reacher" novels by Lee Child. I've read about 6 of them, and watched both "Reacher" movies with Tom Cruise. But this series, with Alan Ritchson, playing the title character, is exactly how the guy was described in Child's books. Imposing, no nonsense and sprinkled with a wonderful sarcastic sense of humor, it's a very entertaining series with an ensemble cast that is top notch.

I watched the 1st season in a few days, only 8 episodes, I highly recommend it. So if you have the time, sit back and watch Reacher get after the bad guys and watch him teach them a lesson.

Will leave you with a smile on your face.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I just signed up for Prime Video in December and the first series I decided to watch was "Reacher". About a decade ago, my stepmom, who was a voracious reader, got me hooked on the "Reacher" novels by Lee Child. I've read about 6 of them, and watched both "Reacher" movies with Tom Cruise. But this series, with Alan Ritchson, playing the title character, is exactly how the guy was described in Child's books. Imposing, no nonsense and sprinkled with a wonderful sarcastic sense of humor, it's a very entertaining series with an ensemble cast that is top notch.

I watched the 1st season in a few days, only 8 episodes, I highly recommend it. So if you have the time, sit back and watch Reacher get after the bad guys and watch him teach them a lesson.

Will leave you with a smile on your face.

image.png

Agree, the casting of Ritchson as Reacher was much better than Cruise. I'm waiting for the last episode of season 2 to drop on the 19th so I can binge watch the entire season.

The book series is now up to 20 books. I see on my reading list I got as far as book 16 where I lost interest in the book series.

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Agree, the casting of Ritchson as Reacher was much better than Cruise. I'm waiting for the last episode of season 2 to drop on the 19th so I can binge watch the entire season.

The book series is now up to 20 books. I see on my reading list I got as far as book 16 where I lost interest in the book series.

Yes, I agree with Ritchson, much more true to the book. While Cruise is a good actor, his physical size just wasn't right to play the character in the movie. 

Since each season is based upon one of the books (this current season just happens to be from one of the books I read), I'm guessing that there is enough material for this series to continue for several more years if Ritchson wants to keep playing the role. 

Since each season is only 8 episodes, it still gives him plenty of time to tackle other acting projects. I figure this guy will eventually supplant somebody like Dwayne Johnson, The Rock, as the next big time action star in movies.

• Like 1

A friend of mine, who is admittedly a bit of a "Groover McTuber" recommended this 8 episode mini-series to me.

"Lessons in Chemistry" IMDB 8.3.

I am only 3 episodes into it, but it is a powerful story and I am enjoying it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13911628/

I did a few Google searches and the characters are fictional, but the story line is very much based on actual events from the eary 1950s. 

Available on Apple TV. I am pulling it through IPT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I have as I have said before, I am a fan of video entertainment related to the supernatural. The Mrs and I have watched the first two seasons of "The Strain" IMDB 7.3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain_(TV_series)

The series was created by Guillermo del Torro, who does good work.  The series runs for 4 seasons and covers 46 episodes. If one likes this type of thing, it is worth a watch IMO. Very scary vampires. We usually watch it to end a day. The Mrs shrieks at least once an episode. 🙂

Originally released on FX. I pull it through IPT.