Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

I got settled down to watch this, the plot was starting to get interesting, the characters were developing and then it finished. 

MV5BNjc2YTViYjEtZTBlMi00YzBjLTkyMjgtNjFmZmI4ODgxNjY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc0ODU3MjY@._V1_.jpg

worth a watch but don't bother preparing a drink and some snacks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is good on Disney. Covers the late 70’s/early80’s period in California, when multiple serial killers were operating in the state at the same time, and speaks to the detectives trying to catch them.

IMG_0111.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I saw this in my recommmended forever, but passed because I got it mixed up with something else that was basically a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes……Late last night it actually played on cable unedited, PVR it…..very good. Grossed like $250M on a budget of $4M, I guess I wasn’t the only one who liked it. Very different 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

58 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just started on the series The Good Wife. Two episodes in and I'm hooked.

image.jpeg

Interesting. IMDB of 8.4. There is a Korean TV series with the same name that has an IMDB of 6.9. I am guessing that the Korean one is a reboot. I have added the American one to my "to watch" list. At 7 seasons and 156 episodes this should fill up one of my watch tracks.

Also, I have absolutely no interest in applying for the job of professional cat herder, but we here at 24x7 have a couple of different threads with varying focuses on video entertainment. Just saying.

• Like 1

• john luke changed the title to Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

OK I HAD to mention this. I always record Dateline NBC and 20/20 on Friday nights, both 2 hours usually about a murder mystery with a twist. Thank God for PVR though to bring it to 80 minutes or so, they tend to drag often to make the 2 hours

Anyway, last night’s Dateline was from the vicious rape/murder of an Idaho teenager named Angie Dodge in 1996…..

I will say no more….Watch the episode now if you can find it, DO NOT CHEAT BY GOOGLING IT, TOO MANY SPOILERS WILL COME UP RIGHT AWAY IN YOUR SEARCH….HAVE NEVER SEEN A SIMPLE SINGLE MURDER STORY, WITH SO MANY PLOT TWISTS, A REAL-LIFE MOVIE

Tried finding a link, but this just aired last night, so anything on YouTube dated longer than that covers the murder BEFORE many of the twists….

Edited by Golfingboy

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

OK I HAD to mention this. I always record Dateline NBC and 20/20 on Friday nights, both 2 hours usually about a murder mystery with a twist. Thank God for PVR though to bring it to 80 minutes or so, they tend to drag often to make the 2 hours

Anyway, last night’s Dateline was from the vicious rape/murder of an Idaho teenager named Angie Dodge in 1996…..

I will say no more….Watch the episode now if you can find it, DO NOT CHEAT BY GOOGLING IT, TOO MANY SPOILERS WILL COME UP RIGHT AWAY IN YOUR SEARCH….HAVE NEVER SEEN A SIMPLE SINGLE MURDER STORY, WITH SO MANY PLOT TWISTS, A REAL-LIFE MOVIE

Tried finding a link, but this just aired last night, so anything on YouTube dated longer than that covers the murder BEFORE many of the twists….

I found the full episode as a torrent
https://bt4gprx.com/search?q=Dateline%3A+True+Confession&category=all

Here's a couple of YT videos that give hints as to what the full episode covers.

Back in the days that occurred in dinosaur ages before back in the days, my friends and I would gather on Saturday Nights to watch Belushi and others do their skits on SNL. We would drink, smoke, and a little more at times. An exceptionally good time was had by all.

Over the years, IMO, SNL has become a lesser watch. Still I download it most weekends, just to see what they are saying. This last weekend's episode SNL S49E12 had me laughing my ass off for the first time in decades. The much fabled opening skit was only ok. The rest of the show was spot on.

This is interesting in that the host was Shane Gillis who had been previously fired from the show for what were interpreted as anti-Asian, homophobic, and other remarks was the host. Gillis busted through his previous label in an almost Lenny Bruce (my icon) style.

Available on IPT.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is brilliant on ITVX, absolutely disgusting how people were treated by a large corporation who would not accept their f**k up.

Many people lost everything, even jailed and took their lives, just because the Post Office and Fujitsu wouldn’t accept their computer system was flawed.

IMG_0124.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

This is brilliant on ITVX, absolutely disgusting how people were treated by a large corporation who would not accept their f**k up.

Many people lost everything, even jailed and took their lives, just because the Post Office and Fujitsu wouldn’t accept their computer system was flawed.

IMG_0124.jpeg

And the auditors that didn't catch and report the flawed software.

• Like 2

Pig Butchering Scams

https://mashable.com/video/john-oliver-pig-butchering-online-scam

John Oliver's main segment on the most recent episode of his "Last Week Tonight" show focused on an escalating scam known as "Pig Butchering". I was stunned by the reported numbers related to this scam especially considering that a large percentage of the victims probably do not report this due to being ashamed of being fooled in this manner.

I also did not know that IT persons are being recruited and then forced into scam labor camps that they can not escape from. Thailand is a popular recruiting destination with the then captured person placed in a Myanmar forced labor scam camp. The prisoners work 16 hours a day making scam calls etc. or are beaten.

It got me to thinking that I may well have been the target of one such scam. A very pretty GLD trader out of Hong Kong accidentally called me by mistake. hmmm. She tried like hell slowly over time to get me to open a GLD trading account. Something about the situation did not seem quite right. After a few months of me saying "not my thing" she got po'd and left me alone. She did send me a few enticing pics to keep the conversation going. Or some guy posing as her did. Nice pics anyway.

oh btw, she (maybe he) tried to reestablish contact today after about 6 months. I may try and work her/him for more information that I can hand off to some kind of governmental authority, though I have no idea who that might be. Maybe at a minimum I could get a few more enticing pics. 🙂 I would post said pics here, but they were not all that great. 

I have been told that Hong Kong is fairly dishonest with regard to various agents falsely using customer's funds.    

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

Pig Butchering Scams

https://mashable.com/video/john-oliver-pig-butchering-online-scam

John Oliver's main segment on the most recent episode of his "Last Week Tonight" show focused on an escalating scam known as "Pig Butchering". I was stunned by the reported numbers related to this scam especially considering that a large percentage of the victims probably do not report this due to being ashamed of being fooled in this manner.

I also did not know that IT persons are being recruited and then forced into scam labor camps that they can not escape from. Thailand is a popular recruiting destination with the then captured person placed in a Myanmar forced labor scam camp. The prisoners work 16 hours a day making scam calls etc. or are beaten.

It got me to thinking that I may well have been the target of one such scam. A very pretty GLD trader out of Hong Kong accidentally called me by mistake. hmmm. She tried like hell slowly over time to get me to open a GLD trading account. Something about the situation did not seem quite right. After a few months of me saying "not my thing" she got po'd and left me alone. She did send me a few enticing pics to keep the conversation going. Or some guy posing as her did. Nice pics anyway.

oh btw, she (maybe he) tried to reestablish contact today after about 6 months. I may try and work her/him for more information that I can hand off to some kind of governmental authority, though I have no idea who that might be. Maybe at a minimum I could get a few more enticing pics. 🙂 I would post said pics here, but they were not all that great. 

I have been told that Hong Kong is fairly dishonest with regard to various agents falsely using customer's funds.    

Watch this in the afternoon today...

• Great Info 3