What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

19 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Eric Clapton you say? July 1974 at The Cow Palace in Daly City ( right next to SFO)  

Here is one for you, for years prior to seeing him in 1974, I could have sworn his "solo" on this tune was played with a "Rickenbacker" man I was "thrashed" by friends who said EC would NEVER play a Rickenbacker! Go to 3:34 of this video and tell me that this particular sound, at least for me, sounded like a Rickenbacker. Ok, Ok, I was wrong! 

Talk about some diehards..

EC 1974 Cow Palace.jpg

I've lost count Mike of how many times i've seen EC over the years, must be well in excess of 15 times. I was a regular at his annual Royal Albert Hall concerts. I've got that album amongst most of his others, it was his comeback album after his cocaine addiction which very nearly finished him off. If it was'nt for his great mate Pete Townsend who helped him off the coke and then got him back performing we would'nt have enjoyed his brilliant later years (that is what i read regarding his history). One of his greatest songs is Cocaine, i wonder why lol

In all the times i saw him he only ever played one electric guitar, a Fender Strat and i have his ''Blackie'' hanging on my mancave wall lol

I am and always will be a massive fan of his. 

P1000725.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Listened to this last night amongst a lot of other great songs whilst sat out on my patio smoking a couple of joints and drinking sangsom coke, life don't get much better for me lol and i was there at the Nelson Mandela concert in 1998 sat next to John Cleese.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1