What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

My goodness she is wonderful. Incredibly talented and she was a huge hearthrob of mine.

Here's the original with Roy...

5 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The song he is probably best remembered for -> "Pretty Woman"

I'm a great fan of them both, love their music and vocals. LR was a very pretty lady and with her undoubted talent made her most men's hearthrob :default_good:

58 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Some rather dark stuff you are into my man. Some of it is interesting. Given your profile I assume you are from Germany. Just a little curious as to where you are coming from.

1 minute ago, Lirchenfeld said:

I am German, North Schleswiger. Born, raised, and living in Denmark (Southern Jutland).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_minority_in_Denmark

I am an American. I have visited Germany (once). I stayed in the Frankfurt area and went on a road trip with a friend who lived a little North of there. His family owned some wine fields in several countries. We had dinner near the volcano and drove up to some of the houses near the Netherlands.

It was a very memorable trip for me.

Still, I wonder why all of the very dark music. I do like some of it.

5 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I am an American. I have visited Germany (once). I stayed in the Frankfurt area and went on a road trip with a friend who lived a little North of there. His family owned some wine fields in several countries. We had dinner near the volcano and drove up to some of the houses near the Netherlands.

It was a very memorable trip for me.

Still, I wonder why all of the very dark music. I do like some of it.

Dark art, Angst, Weltschmerz, melancholy, bleakness that's just part of our common old culture in most parts of Northern Europe, not just Germany. It brings a fascinating contrast to the few more joyious moments. I guess it somewhat resembles our seasons north of the alpes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Dark art, Angst, Weltschmerz, melancholy, bleakness that's just part of our common old culture in most parts of Northern Europe, not just Germany. It brings a fascinating contrast to the few more joyious moments. I guess it somewhat resembles our seasons north of the alpes.

Interesting

On 6/7/2023 at 12:47 AM, Lirchenfeld said:

I would guess that you are familiar with this, which is a much earlier form of similar dark music.

Black Sabbath

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2023 at 5:12 AM, galenkia said:

Always loved that song.

It was an important song for me as well. A few years after my first divorce, I met an American woman that I cared about. She almost died due to a tumor in her spine. She survived, but her mother died from the stress.

Weird as it sounds, I had a dream of her mother asking me to take care of her daughter. I answered in the dream that I could not because her daughter did not love me. A few minutes later I was woken up by the GF telling me in tears that her mother had died.

The subconscious is a very powerful thing. 

• Like 1

Heard this yesterday in the car and it completely made me forget my daughter's white knuckle way of driving.

The ultimate happy, clappy, sing-along pop record.

Altogether now............."Dancing in the moonlight, its a supernatural delight"

Edited by Jambo

4 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Heard this yesterday in the car and it completely made me forget my daughter's white knuckle way of driving.

The ultimate happy, clappy, sing-along pop record.

I've never heard that version, nice song.

Funny how one tune like that can change the entire direcition of your day. IMO it is the best medicine that exists.

Here is the original.

Makes me chuckle to see a group of guys who look like they just got back from a Hells Angles rally making such a sweet song.

• Haha 1

A little Motown?

Before I went to college, I grew up (failed to do so frequently) in a blue collar neighborhood on the Southwest Side of Chicago. My friends and myself were what were commonly called greasers at the time. Black leather jackets, Italian knit shirts, pointed shoes, sharkskin pants. We knew how to style. 😉

I did not immediately fit in on the college campus. 🙂

For entertainment we mostly chased girls, worked on cars in somebody's garage, drank beer, and smoked pot.

Despite this neighborhood (Gage Park (Google it if you want to know more. We were on the national news for weeks in 1967 or so.)) being racially troubled, we mostly listened to Motown.

I will always remember this song.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 1