What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

The Allman Brothers Band - > "One way Out".

This is interesting in that it was recorded in 1991. Duane Allman died in 1971. The lead guitar work in this recording is done by Dicky Betts (a highly underrated member of this iconic band).

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The Allman Brothers Band - > "One way Out".

This is interesting in that it was recorded in 1991. Duane Allman died in 1971. The lead guitar work in this recording is done by Dicky Betts (a highly underrated member of this iconic band).

My fav. band of all time. Dicky Betts is tremendous. Carried them following Duane's death - 

That's when they cam out with "Brother's and Sister's". What an album !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8xeKF0CDU

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

One of my favorite bands of all time as well. For me, and many others, their greatest cut was "Whipping Post" on the "Live at the Filmore East" album.

This is the cut that really drove home their dual drummers innovation.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

For me, and many others, their greatest cut was "Whipping Post" on the "Live at the Filmore East" album.

Great album from beginning to end.

Not many people know that Frank Zappa covered this tune:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

RiP Frank Zappa,a genius and inovator, never the like to be seen again.. 

Agree.  There are guys who play the guitar as well or possibly better, but Zappa was an absolute unbridled genius.  The Nikola Tesla of modern music.

Edited by Rompho Ray
I type faster than my keyboard can understand...
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Great album from beginning to end.

Not many people know that Frank Zappa covered this tune:

Have to admit that I was completely unaware of the Zappa version of "Whipping Post" and I am a Zappa aficionado. The man's range and overall talent was incredible. I could pick out at least a dozen favorite songs and they would all be different. 

One of his lesser know efforts that I enjoyed was done with Captain Beefheart during the 1976 bicentennial. Probably what was going on in my life at the time made this one special to me.

Muffin Man

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Have to admit that I was completely unaware of the Zappa version of "Whipping Post" and I am a Zappa aficionado.

Came as a shock to me I'll tell ya!  Can't remember now when I ran across it, probably on a drunken search for something else.

The above link wouldn't load for me for some reason, so here's the track:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Came as a shock to me I'll tell ya!  Can't remember now when I ran across it, probably on a drunken search for something else.

The above link wouldn't load for me for some reason, so here's the track:

I fixed the above link as well. Glad you did what you did.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

One of my favorite bands of all time as well. For me, and many others, their greatest cut was "Whipping Post" on the "Live at the Filmore East" album.

This is the cut that really drove home their dual drummers innovation.

Definitely one of the best live recordings ever, I've enjoyed this one for a long time; my personal favourite is "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" which really showcases the differences in style between Duane and Dicky - although I prefer Duane's playing, I've never considered Dicky to be underrated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

My personal favorite from the same album was "Zomby Woof".

Funny, this album "Over-Nite Sensation" and "Apostrophe" are considered by many aficionados to be Zappa's "commercial sell-out" albums, but yet they are among my favorites.

Great cover of a Zappa tune:

Joe Satriani, Steven Vai, Eric Johnson, toured calling themselves "G3".

• Like 2