What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

On 5/1/2023 at 11:33 PM, ChiFlyer said:

Maybe I misunderstood, after a few (4?) glasses of wine, but I got the impression from your post that you were saying that ALL of the Chicago predominantly Black neighborhoods North of say 127th are shit holes. In the old days I had friends in the neighborhood that I mentioned and that was a vibrant middle class area. If I overreacted, I apologize. This woke nonsense may be making me a little bit nuts.

I understand how that could be taken. Yes, there were some pockets of good areas, like Greenwood I believe it was (next to Alsip). There were several good areas, but I never really had opportunity to get into them.

Funny, I used to live on 127th St. in Riverdale (for about 1 year, 1981). An apartment right next to the IC station. Not far from a project called Altgeld Gardens. My black friends used to call it "Alligator Gardens"....only one way in and one way out. At the time it had one of the highest murder rates in the city.

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I understand how that could be taken. Yes, there were some pockets of good areas, like Greenwood I believe it was (next to Alsip). There were several good areas, but I never really had opportunity to get into them.

Funny, I used to live on 127th St. in Riverdale (for about 1 year, 1981). An apartment right next to the IC station. Not far from a project called Altgeld Gardens. My black friends used to call it "Alligator Gardens"....only one way in and one way out. At the time it had one of the highest murder rates in the city.

I had a couple of White friends who were furniture delivery drivers. They referred to the area as "Alligator Alley". Not a nice place.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:26 PM, ChiFlyer said:

I had a couple of White friends who were furniture delivery drivers. They referred to the area as "Alligator Alley". Not a nice place.

The sounds right.... Been a long time.

From Apple Music, the British Invasion Essentials playlist. I’m listening on my Home Pod mini, which I think is a great $100 speaker. It can be controlled using Siri from your iPhone or on its own. Coming back from a walk, I hold my phone over the home pod and the music switches over from my headphones.  For the price range, the sound is wonderful. 
The only drawback is its lack of portability. It must be plugged in and on a Wi-Fi network. In its defense, the word “home” is in its name. But, I have an Anker Soundcore II that can be used via Bluetooth and has an internal battery. The Home Pod mini, like most Apple products work great with other Apple products, but it isn’t that Android friendly, from what I’ve read.

Just switched on the TV and watched first 10 minutes of the Eurovision semifinals 1. 

What a load of bollox. I felt embarrassed to watch and listen. 

They should all be arrested and charged with crimes against music

😄the very worst of European music. Its all political in the end and  a complete waste of money IMO. Croatia's entry is frighteningly awful, both visually and musically.  

Aresholes jumping around on stage wearing ridiculous costumes making a diabolical  racket  Absolute bollox

Sweden's entry looks like a female version of Edward Scissorhands 

I've lost the will to live 😁😁

• Haha 3